The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Macau F3 crash

Dnk

Apparently she hit 171mph down that straight, not sure if she'd got on the brakes much before

it went wrong so suffered big G force in that one

I would say she did as it was going backwards when it hit the car and its more than likely that hitting the brakes casued the rear to lock and switch ends.

I saw this yesterday and had to watch it a few times as I thought it was fake! To end up with just a fractured spine is a a miracle. You’d think that an impact like that from high speed would damage internal organs etc :blink: I guess people have fallen out of planes before though and survived. Incredibly lucky!

It was massively fortunate, there is a video from behind the press/photo 'building' that shows it gives, I think it's scaffolding and so the aluminium poles/structure has 'given' just enough.

What's very very lucky is on a slow motion video from someone on the inside of the corner looking across, is that the car impacts pointing up and her head goes between two layers of scaffold poles, so her head doesn't hit anything as such, but still a massive deceleration!

Apparently posted on twitter that evening!? but some injured people in the structure too I think?