The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift TT Tiptronic Supra

WayneW

Well it's got minimal info regarding the actual car itself and they've still managed to cock that up so I'd be careful at the least.

It's not a 2013, the power figure quoted is the NA figure not the TT, MOT checker shows it's not had an MOT since 2014 which is worrying and it had a lot of work carried out to get it through back then as well.

Here is the Supra buying rub, low milers will probably have had a laid up period at some point, high miler show battle scars of some description as well as the usual worries about beign tired/worn out. All are now high in price, the low milers especially. It's the age old task of going in with eyes wide open, prices have stabilised a bit I think, everyone on the high asking price bandwagon and so at least now you can view and cherry pick and not worry too much about missing out.

Few Supra's are going to now be perfect, so it's 'just' about choosing one you are happy with visually and that won't immediately cost you significant money on top of the purchase price, and there are loads of guides/threads to help you avoid this.

OK thanks to everyone for your reply!

Would someone be ok to go looking at the car for me? (I pay you for this job)

I ve called them, the car seems to be still available. They tell me it s in really good condition. I asked them pics of underside and odometer, they tolde they will do some shortly... But since there... No answer...

Thanks!

Hum seller didn't showed my pics and finally said he got deposit from someone else...

I've seen some feedback on the internet on them, some very grateful comments, some other not really nice...

It's a shame as money is waiting...

No one else on here to sell me a nice tiptronic ?

cheers !

Just seen the company that was selling that supra, I spoke to them about the RSP facelift NA they have/had at the time and were far from helpful imho. I asked a lot of questions and also pointed out defects that were never mentioned and hardly got any replies so walked away

• 5 weeks later...
It says 1997 if you read the full description. Mileage seems ridiculously low. Lack of MOT for that long would be enough for me to bail. Specially at 20k. Even if genuine, I dunno, 17k?

My Supra 1998 was sorn for nearly ten years so I’m missing many MOT’s too. It does happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.