The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch

jjs_82

I appreciate they’re different boxes but my experience of the Spec 3+ is as follows;

Had one in my w58 (fitted to an NA-T) and I loved it. Highly recommended it. Felt like stock.

I therefore fitted one to my R154 when the time came, it’s still very light and stock feeling.

Lovely to use day to day, however now that I can push the car that bit harder I took it to the ring (now I know this is a real test of any car and drivetrain) but for a clutch that had covered a few hundred easy miles it began to judder a lot when warm.

Cooled it down after a lap and it was perfect again but second lap and it did the same again once hot and after coming off.

I do now wish I’d put my money elsewhere (although not sure where)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So I have my new clutch in. It's hard to get into gear when not moving it's OK when driving. Why is that? The bite is at the top of the pedal

You might want to give Chris Wilson a call or email on this. First thing I'd be asking is does the uprated clutch work with the standard bore master cylinder if you retained the stock cylinder but Chris if you can track him down would be able to sort you out.