The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Toyota Supra UK Twin Turbo Manual

simbasupra

Very sad to be selling this as this is not just a car to me, but also holds sentimental value, after I purchased it using inheritance from my grandfather.

I purchased this car completely stock in 2006 from another mkivsupra.net forum member who purchased it in 2001. The reason for selling is I now have a family and no longer have the time to drive it. I am not desperate to sell, so will hold out for the right buyer.

`

Make: Toyota

Model: Supra UK Twin Turbo Manual

Year: 1996

Mileage: 110,000

MOT remaining: 01/08/2019

Service history:

Full Toyota main dealer service history

Big folder full of all service documentation

Recent service, mot, wheel alignment and a/c service, engine rebuild including pistons, rings, valve stem oil seals, water pump, oil pump, timing belt.

Car's location: Bishops Waltham, Southampton, Hampshire

Modifications:

Whifbitz titanium exhaust

Double decat

Tein coilovers

Advan connoisseur 51c wheels

SRD intercooler

Kenlowe twin fans

Koyo radiator

TRD engine and gearbox mounts

Solid shifter bushes

Zunsport grille

Clifford alarm

Bad bits:

Usual wear on seat bolsters etc

Slight corrosion on alloy wheel badges

Small scratch on passenger window

Surface corrosion on underside of vehicle, could benefit from undersealing.

PRICE £28,000

Please PM for contact details. Any questions/more pictures feel free to ask.

IMG_20180929_111922-1040x780 1.jpg

IMG_20180929_111938-1040x780.jpg

IMG_20180929_111951-1040x780 1.jpg

IMG_20180929_112004-1040x780.jpg

IMG_20180929_112234-1040x780 1.jpg

IMG_20180929_112241-1040x780 1.jpg

What happened to require an engine rebuild ?

The valve stem oil seals needed doing and a compression test showed one cylinder was a bit low on compression. At them same time as sorting out the compression. The oil pump, water pump, timing belt etc where replaced as I thought it made sense to do them at the same time. I have lots of photos of the rebuild if anyone requires.

If you purchased it completely stock do you retain the SMIC, headlight washers and active spoiler. Those washers are worth their weight in gold these days and probably the easiest way to spot a UK first registered car.

Unfortunately not, when I had the washers removed the body shop threw them away without asking me:taped: The spoiler lip is still fitted but not operational due to the FMIC. And the old SMIC was shot, so it went in the bin. The only original parts I have left are the UK 17" wheels.

Unfortunately not, when I had the washers removed the body shop threw them away without asking me:taped: The spoiler lip is still fitted but not operational due to the FMIC. And the old SMIC was shot, so it went in the bin. The only original parts I have left are the UK 17" wheels.

I have a UK bumper with the washer jets I will be looking to sell, it needs a paint and has a small split near one of the washer jets which would need repairing, but price would reflect this. Let me know if you're interested.

Stock SMIC can be had new for £5-600 quid, then pipework can be bought second hand for not so much.

If you purchased it completely stock do you retain the SMIC, headlight washers and active spoiler. Those washers are worth their weight in gold these days and probably the easiest way to spot a UK first registered car.

I have receipts for the whole headlight washer system being replaced in mine over a decade ago presumably because something was put in it that should have been and the bill is scary !

I have a UK bumper with the washer jets I will be looking to sell, it needs a paint and has a small split near one of the washer jets which would need repairing, but price would reflect this. Let me know if you're interested.

Stock SMIC can be had new for £5-600 quid, then pipework can be bought second hand for not so much.

The car will be sold as advertised, I much preferred the look without the washers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.