The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch replacement for 95 NA manual

Kurt

Hi all,

I've recently experienced over revving whilst flooring it in mid to high gears then when easing off the gas pedal it catches on, I suspect a slipping clutch to be the culprit.

So I am now starting to source for a replacement but would like people's input on the best upgraded clutch that could handle a future NA-T conversion. I don't want to spend mega bucks so a reasonably priced one is what am looking for.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Kurt, I had an NAT conversion 2 years back and they fitted a stage 4 clutch, the car was undriveable, juddering etc, it was either in or out, really for sprints, it would never slip. So after some investigation and help from members of this Club i purchased a "Street Clutch", it has been great, no slipping at max test, and the car drives like the stock clutch i had before the NAT.

I will dig out the original thread but you could also look through them. Hope this helps. Herbie.