Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Hidden Performance Ltd. (HP2 Ltd.)

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Hammer's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Sounds like a nightmare, I feel for you mate. Hope you can get it all sorted.
    Deep Jewel Green, Aero Top, Facelift.
    green aerotop awesomeness!!! (marcAB10)
    And in answer to adams green facelift aero, you will have better luck bumming megan fox before he sells (drift_bear)
    So nice to see a fantastic dark green aero with Recaro seats on a such a nice day. Whoever owns it should be proud. It's a stunner! (Delboy52)

What search button? Club Member ben_harmer32's Avatar
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quick update on this.

Car went back to Hidden last Friday (12th October). This was confirmed by them via email stating they would inspect the car Monday and report back to myself with reference to the noise from the engine in particular.

On Monday (15th October) I received an email from Hidden stating they have replaced the cambelt and tensioner which appears to have resolved the whine noise from the overtight cambelt. It also stated they are currently waiting on replacement gaskets for the exhaust leaks which are being delivered Wednesday. Once fitted they will install the replacement radiator that I supplied and then report back.

I replied thanking them for the update, I stated I very much appreciate that they had moved quickly with resolving issues with my car however I thought they were just doing an inspection to report back.

I asked if they could confirm if the oil leak on the main crank seal was addressed whilst the old cambelt was off.

I asked for an update on the other issues raised during the independent inspection by the other garage, as well as an update to the knocking noise which is my biggest worry.

I also stated that I had brand new downpipe and gaskets in the boot (these were booked in to be fitted by a local garage near me but were put on hold when then engine started knocking) They could use these if easier for them instead of ordering more (to save them some time/money)

I asked to ensure that I was kept informed of all progress on the car. Stating we need to work together to ensure the best outcome for myself and Hidden. I also asked to have pictures of the work being carried out and to ensure I got the receipts once complete for items replaced.

I received a response stating they would revert referencing the various on Wednesday.

All updates and responses from Hidden are being fed back to the Consumer Helpline, Citizens Advice and the independent legal representative I have looking after my case to ensure everything is done in the correct manner.

I will update when I receive an update from them today.
    -=*[URL="http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?338945-Ben-s-4th-Supra-(Fast-and-Furious-Replica) [/URL]*=-[/CENTER]
    [B][CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"]F&F PROJECT[/COLOR]
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Another quick update.

The knocking noise from the engine has been potentially diagnosed as a faulty bearing on the tensioner which has now all been replaced.

Engine oil has been topped up to maximum.

The radiator I supplied to replace the cracked one has been fitted.

The front and rear of the sump have been cleaned and there doesn’t appear to be any oil leak from the front crank seal.

The replacement downpipe and gaskets I had in the boot of the car have been fitted and there is no longer a blow from the exhaust.

Hidden are still to investigate the leak to the rear of the sump and will update once they have carried out an extended road test.

Still no update on the other items identified during the independent inspection however in my last reply i have specifically asked for items to be addressed.

I will update when i know more.
    -=*[URL="http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?338945-Ben-s-4th-Supra-(Fast-and-Furious-Replica) [/URL]*=-[/CENTER]
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Good luck with it

What are they doing about the excess sealer thats been used ? i'd have thought thats high on the list
    of things to deal with
    Last edited by Dnk; 19-10-18 at 09:39.
    Dunk

Metal Wide Arch 13J Club Member Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    101 (100%)
    I just read the first page. But wow. I nearly took my supra there. Thanks for sharing your story.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

Work... what work? MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    Read the entire first post. Did see other post of your car getting done. The ordeal you experienced was very bad mate. Hoping you're successful in the end of all of this.
    This is a major reason why I won't sent my supra to people in my country to work on. I am afraid of this happening. Guess time will tell what I decide.

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Email received today from Hidden Performance.

They have taken the new cambelt back off the engine. After the extended road test and getting the oil up to temperature a small amount of oil was discovered coming from the intake side cam seal and leaking down the front of the engine.

This was making it appear to be the crank shaft seal leaking. New cam seals and rocker cover gaskets have been ordered to replace the sealant previously used. A new crank seal has also been ordered which will be change as they have the cambelt off for peace of mind. These are expected to arrive during the week.

70amp fuse mounted on the fly by wire will be replaced by the correct 80amp fuse.

The brake reservoir cap has been replaced.

The sump leak has been sorted and the correct amount of sealant has been used.

I will get another update once all parts have arrived and have been fitted later next week. Until the parts arrive the car will not be touched.

I will update the thread when I get more news.

Thank you for all the replies and the support. Hopefully soon this will all be resolved and I will have a car I can use and actually enjoy!
    Last edited by ben_harmer32; 20-10-18 at 19:43.
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Posting is my life! Club Member Kendo11's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    The fact they're doing all this work to put everything right/do everything correctly shows the standard of work initially wasn't good enough.

Shame you had to go down the legal route to get it resolved.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    It is Friday evening and I have not heard from Hidden since last Saturday.

Parts were supposed to be delivered early to mid week.

I have no idea on the current condition of my car, if the parts were delivered or if any progress has been made.

I haven't chased as I don't want to slow progress as I really want and need the car, I also feel I shouldn't have to. I have previously requested on more than one occasional progress pictures of what is being done.

Am I wrong to expect them to update me regularly?
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Half an hour after posting the above i received a Facebook message from the mechanic working on my car stating:

The new seals and rocker cover gaskets arrived Wednesday and were fitted on Thursday.

Fluids were topped up and the coolant bled.

The car was taken for a long road test today with motorway and town driving and all appears to be OK.

The car will undergo more testing next week along with some more checks.

They apologised for the late reply stating they have been flat out all week.
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Metal Wide Arch 13J Club Member Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    101 (100%)
    I still think they should be replying.

I've done projects and have been way over on promise dates, but always keeping communication shows you aren't just being lazy.

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Update for today.

Message received on Facebook messenger stating quick update, another road test has been completed. The engine has been re-checked for any leaks and all seems to be ok. Also, no strange noises.

I replied thanking them for the update.

I asked them to confirm what issues identified by the independent inspection are now completed.

I also asked for compression test results so I can compare them to the original readings from when the engine was supplied. I notified them it will be getting another compression test done when it goes back to the other garage for a second independent inspection once completed.

I then asked if all their tests are now complete and if they have a return date so I can confirm with the other garage ASAP.

My response has been read by the mechanic working on my car and the owner of Hidden but I have not had any reply.

I will update again once I know more.
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Message received at 10pm last night on Facebook messenger:

A compression test will be carried out soon and they will let me know results.

They will revert with regards to the checklist set out by the independent inspection.

They have another 100 mile road test to do at the end of the week. If that goes to plan, then they can give me a date for return.
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Car has now been back with Hidden for 3 weeks.

After receiving the above update on Wednesday evening I had hoped I'd get a response today on the car.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything. Here's hoping everything is OK.
    [/B]

PLEASE READ

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast