Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with Hidden Performance Ltd. (HP2 Ltd.)

Silent lurker... Club Member Rob W's Avatar
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    This sort of thing grinds my gears. His contract is with Hidden performance, not this bloke who's no longer with the company.

Trying to place all the blame on a guy who no longer works there and then saying the company (who has the contract to do the job) has done all they can and is a super duper company all whilst trying to wash their hands is complete bollocks to put it lightly. Sort out their mess not palm it off.
    I couldn’t of put it better myself.

If this guy was an equal partner or an employee in the company, the contract to carry out the works is with Hidden Performance and their responsibility. I understand this sole person has not managed or supervised the works correctly, then has just upped and left has put Hidden Performance in a bad situation but it is still there responsibility to resolve.
    95 J-Spec TT BPU+

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraleeturbo View Post
    I feel this is an unfair judgment on the remaining staff at hidden. The person who you bought the car from was the same person that was to manage the project and recommended his painter to use.
    When that person left the company due to his dubious behaviour, he dumped this mess on the remaining staff. think that the remaining at hidden has actually helped you as much as they could. Now it’s no wonder why they now they don’t want to help you any further as you have blasted them not only on here but other sites ect. It’s a shame as you mates with a person that has ripped you off many a times but when people are actually trying to do something for you to help you out you do this. Just my thoughts
    Where did he "blast" the company? It seemed he just ordered the events... As others have said its a contract with the company, one director left the company in May and it doesn't matter what mess he made the onus is on the company to fulfil the contract.
    Last edited by TuneR; 28-09-18 at 09:52.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member
    Feedback
    It reads like you could do with an arbitrator to step in who can negotiate an acceptable route and time frame to completion which may involve additional costs to you to compensate for extra time taken to fit a body kit or extraction with compensation. Or, you could just take your car back now and take legal action for compensation which may or may not be successful. Even if you gain a court order you still need to extract payment and there may not be the funds available to settle a court order.

This is a company in some amount of turmoil!

13 Mar 2018 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off
    14 Mar 2018 Compulsory strike-off action has been discontinued
    04 Jun 2018 Previous accounting period extended from 31 December 2017 to 30 April 2018
    Reading between the lines something unlawful could have occurred to provoke a compulsory strike of action. With this level of churn, it would not be unusual for the company to lose a bit of customer focus and it indicates a fragility in the company that could mean you lose the commission completely and then have the paint company holding onto your car pending additional payment should any money be owed them. I'd extract myself and my car from the situation as quickly as possible.

PS - As an additional note, extending the accounting period can be done for many reasons. It can be to fit in with the tax year but this date doesn't do that. Or it can be because the accounts are in disarray and need extra time to 'work out'. Or it can be delaying when a company goes bump to grab as much tax and VAT and customer money before going bump. The company is now not required to file accounts until January 2019.
    Last edited by rider; 27-09-18 at 13:09.

The indecisive Events Organiser drift_bear's Avatar
    Feedback
    16 (100%)

My experience with Hidden Performance Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Supraleeturbo View Post
    I feel this is an unfair judgment on the remaining staff at hidden. The person who you bought the car from was the same person that was to manage the project and recommended his painter to use.
    When that person left the company due to his dubious behaviour, he dumped this mess on the remaining staff. think that the remaining at hidden has actually helped you as much as they could. Now itís no wonder why they now they donít want to help you any further as you have blasted them not only on here but other sites ect. Itís a shame as you mates with a person that has ripped you off many a times but when people are actually trying to do something for you to help you out you do this. Just my thoughts
    This is just you trying to put your digs and 2p worth in where its not wanted all because you still have a problem with someone he knows and actually has nothing to do with whatís going on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Massey View Post
    No, the contract is with the company, regardless of who leaves or starts working there, it is the company.
    it is as simple as that.
    Itís more like heís still wanting to put digs in about a certain friend of Benís!
    1995 - Deep Jewel Green Pre-facelift TT Auto - At Last

"Dude I Almost Had You" Paul Walker 1973 - 2013

The Cake Is A Lie Club Member MattP's Avatar
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    Well $#@!...... Who is Ben lmao

I have never heard of Hidden Performance until now is it this company based in Kent?

Posting is my life! Club Member Kendo11's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Sounds like an awful situation all round.

Seems like you have been pretty fair with them although that experience of a garage outsourcing work to another painter is something I had with mine, maybe pretty common?

The work on mine wasn't done to a good enough standard and the interior & engine bay of mine was screwed with as well as being absolutely filthy.

Ultimately I got mine sorted without having to go down the legal route but I'd advise you to keep speaking to CAB.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

MKIV.net Resident 'Bloke' Club Member Paul's Avatar
    Feedback
    52 (100%)
    Ben from Dover ?
    95UKTT6 + NUR
    Blitz 03's
    'I like J-specs too.....HONEST' (Europeans prefer UK's though )

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Ben is the OP
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T
    Project Thread Here

Part of a nanny state. Club Member jamesmark's Avatar
    Feedback
    65 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ben from Dover ?
    I love his work.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Supraleeturbo's Avatar
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drift_bear View Post
    This is just you trying to put your digs and 2p worth in where its not wanted all because you still have a problem with someone he knows and actually has nothing to do with what’s going on here...

It’s more like he’s still wanting to put digs in about a certain friend of Ben’s!

There’s no dig at Ben as he’s actually a friend of mine but I’m also friends with some of the lads that this project was dumped on them.

Just feel like maybe this could have been sorted without putting it up all over here that’s all, plus I am in titled to my own opinion as this is a forum and your very good at giving yours on other threads

I’m not going to get in a keyboard sesh it was just my thoughts on the situation, and I feel some thing had to be said as the lads up there was left in the s@;t house with this build.
    EL Toro Negro Supra-SRD800S

Sorry if the spelling is bad, but im spanglish

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Where did he "blast" the company? It seemed he just ordered the events... As others have said its a contract with the company, one director left the company in May and it doesn't matter what mess he made the onus is on the company to fulfil the contract.

Yer I totally agree with you there but it was the person who left that used the the body shop and wasn’t the remaining staffs fault as they don’t use that said painter that’s all

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    I couldn’t of put it better myself.

If this guy was an equal partner or an employee in the company, the contract to carry out the works is with Hidden Performance and their responsibility. I understand this sole person has not managed or supervised the works correctly, then has just upped and left has put Hidden Performance in a bad situation but it is still there responsibility to resolve.
    100% right but seems that the painter was the one that was the person holding the build and the remaining staff at hidden took the fall for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    This sort of thing grinds my gears. His contract is with Hidden performance, not this bloke who's no longer with the company.

Trying to place all the blame on a guy who no longer works there and then saying the company (who has the contract to do the job) has done all they can and is a super duper company all whilst trying to wash their hands is complete bollocks to put it lightly. Sort out their mess not palm it off.

As for blasting them? All he's put is the chronological order of events, he'd not being malice or angry IMO. if the truth is considered "blasting" perhaps they need to look into their service more.
    Fair point sir

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Iím enjoying eating my popcorn reading this when I know 100x more than anyone posting on here but since itís not my business I donít get involved like the nosey $#@!s on here making others look bad without knowing everything.

So would recommend people understand that itís his experience and heís not digging at anyone but your all terrible making assumptions which doesnít help anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What search button? Club Member ben_harmer32's Avatar
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I appreciate the replies and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I created this thread to show everyone what I had been through and what I’m still going through.

My original post does nothing other than state the facts in the chronological order they happened. It was never meant to be a ‘bashing’.

The above replies ‘defending’ Hidden come from someone who is friends with them, who I also thought was my friend. Those replies only focus on the painter and the former employee who left. Whilst I understand what you are saying you seem to be forgetting that the outstanding issues are all mechanical. The employee who left never directly worked on my car. This was done by the mechanics who are still present at Hidden, and they are the ones who have let me drive away twice with a car that is not fit for purpose and potentially dangerous.

This is a car I need to use every day. I pick my children up from school in. It needs to be safe not just for me but for them. In its current form I’m not sure I could call it safe.

Yesterday a crack in the top of the radiator was discovered, I have looked back at old photos sent to me by Hidden and I can clearly see a wet patch in the exact same area. Whilst I would not expect Hidden to foot the bill for a replacement I would expect them to identify it and inform me considering the substantial amount of work I have had done in the engine bay.

I have received communication from Hidden regarding the cambelt and we are working towards a solution.

In the communications they have stated to me that they have had nothing but 100% satisfaction from customers over the last 6 months. This is all very well if these jobs were completed without any issues. What I think makes a company great is how they deal with the situation when it doesn’t go correctly. For me this is where Hidden have greatly faltered.
    Last edited by ben_harmer32; 01-10-18 at 08:26.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

What search button? Club Member ben_harmer32's Avatar
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Yesterday after picking my kids up i got home to hear this noise:

I'm hoping it's not the bottom end as this was only done in February.

I have sent this to Hidden and i am awaiting a reply.

I will update this thread once i get a response.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast