Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My experience with Hidden Performance Ltd. (HP2 Ltd.)

Me? Post? Never! Club Member
    Feedback
    I think, and I have to caveat that it is speculation, the initial wind up petition would have come from HMRC due to non payment of VAT. Thats a common cause of these events. Then HP probably appealed for time to pay and have then failed to meet their commitments again. Pure speculation but its a typical way these things unfold. I would strongly recommend you don't take your car anywhere near them.

As Scooter says these things can go from bad to worse when garages have closed and cars there only for a service have been seized as assets and possession is always 9/10ths that'd leave individuals then fighting to get their car back.

What search button? Club Member ben_harmer32's Avatar
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Thought I would update.

I haven’t received any replies to my emails despite following up. I also messaged on Facebook messenger, which was read, but also not replied to. This is yet again in breach of the law as the information I have requested they have a legal requirement to provide.

On Monday, after looking at pictures of other R34 engines, I noticed that my TPS throttle sensor had been installed backwards. I have now resolved this. I was hoping it may have been the cause of the error codes but unfortunately not.

After informing Consumers Advice about the proposed strike off action I have been given the number to Companies House. They have said if I contact them they should be able to postpone the strike off action until my case has been resolved.

All the above has once again been escalated to the Trading Standards Authorities.

Car is still booked into the garage on the 19th to have the remaining issues assessed and resolved.
    Last edited by ben_harmer32; 13-12-18 at 07:37.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    So the skyline went to get checked over. The results are as follows:

Traction control issue and engine warning light - These were both related to the throttle motor sensor being fitted incorrectly. Once adjusted correctly both issues were resolved.

Overboost issue - Boost sensor to ECU in engine bay had been damaged and glued back together. This was resulting in the sensor sending incorrect data to the ECU causing it to fuel cut. A sensor from another GTT was tried, this resolved the issue. New replacement sensor has been ordered and will be fitted tomorrow.

Once I have the final invoice I will contact Hidden again.
    Last edited by ben_harmer32; 19-12-18 at 19:20.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Thread killing Club Member scorling's Avatar
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    I think, and I have to caveat that it is speculation, the initial wind up petition would have come from HMRC due to non payment of VAT. Thats a common cause of these events. Then HP probably appealed for time to pay and have then failed to meet their commitments again. Pure speculation but its a typical way these things unfold. I would strongly recommend you don't take your car anywhere near them.

As Scooter says these things can go from bad to worse when garages have closed and cars there only for a service have been seized as assets and possession is always 9/10ths that'd leave individuals then fighting to get their car back.
    It is speculation and wrong. HMRC would never seek a compulsory striking off. You talk about a wind(ing) up petition, there is no evidence of any such action on the London Gazette. The first striking off action would have been because of the late filing of their first Confirmation Statement. Once that was filed the action was discontinued. Now they are three months late filing their accounts so a new striking off action has been started.

With regards to your earlier comment, all companies have to file their accounts no later than 21 months after their incorporation date. Changing the accounting reference date can never extend that deadline. If they file their accounts and pay the late filing penalty, the striking off process will again be discontinued.

All this proves is I have too much time on my hands and that their company administration looks as good as their customer service. If the experience of the OP is commonplace, the Directors might be best advised to let the company slide away by not filing any accounts. Nothing will stop them from starting again.

Thread killing Club Member scorling's Avatar
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_harmer32 View Post

After informing Consumers Advice about the proposed strike off action I have been given the number to Companies House. They have said if I contact them they should be able to postpone the strike off action until my case has been resolved.

Worth a try but my experience is that they will only suspend the striking off if there are formal court proceedings in place. I have tried before when I had a recently issued CCJ against the company, and they still had it struck off. That did give me the prospect of then taking action against the Directors but the sums and time involved weren't worth the bother

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Thought I would update.

Letters to claim back the cost of the last repair were sent out, Hidden have until the 17th January 2019 to reimburse me before I take further action. I am still being guided by citizenís advice and the consumer helpline as well as an independent legal representative.

It would also seem that on the 8th January 2019 the striking off action has been temporarily suspended as per the attached below.

As always Iíll keep updating until everything relating to my car has been fully resolved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Had this pointed out to me today.

A new company has been registered 'HP2 Ltd.' on the 31st December 2018.

Director listed is the same as Hidden Performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Me? Post? Never! Club Member mwilkinson's Avatar
    Feedback
    59 (100%)
    1996 Facelift J-Spec 6spd Single Turbo (600bhp) - Gunmetal
    Sold - 1995 Jspec 6 Speed Manual BPU (Lambo Grigio Avlon)

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Yep unfortunately so.

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Maybe take it to watchdog or Dom littlewood ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting is my life! Club Member Kendo11's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    What's the latest Ben? Any closer to being resolved?

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendo11 View Post
    What's the latest Ben? Any closer to being resolved?
    All communications have been ignored.

I am currently working with companies house and my lawyer.

Will update soon.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Thought I would update this as I had some news for anyone who is still interested.

I lodged a grevience with Companies House regarding the strike off action against Hidden Performance.

After reviewing the evidence they have agreed to postpone the strike off action until August.

This will now give me the time I need to move forward with my dispute against Hidden Performance.
    -=*R34 GTT*=-
    NEW PROJECT

PLEASE READ

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    That's good news.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Did you get any further with this Ben?
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T