The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My experience with Hidden Performance Ltd. (HP2 Ltd.)

ben_harmer32

To bring the thread back on track, unfortunately I have nothing to update with.

I have had no reply as of yet despite one of the requests being a legal requirement for them to provide me with information. I have not even had confirmation which I asked for that they have received my email.

Therefor as I stated in my last communication to them I will be going back to using Facebook messenger for future correspondents which I have confirmed is acceptable to use by citizens advice.

Sounds like they are trying to limit communication whilst their lawyer has a look through the case.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or this could mean something?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10536228/filing-history

The writing has been on the wall in big bold print for a while.

Reading between the lines something unlawful could have occurred to provoke a compulsory strike of action. With this level of churn, it would not be unusual for the company to lose a bit of customer focus and it indicates a fragility in the company that could mean you lose the commission completely and then have the paint company holding onto your car pending additional payment should any money be owed them. I'd extract myself and my car from the situation as quickly as possible.

PS - As an additional note, extending the accounting period can be done for many reasons. It can be to fit in with the tax year but this date doesn't do that. Or it can be because the accounts are in disarray and need extra time to 'work out'. Or it can be delaying when a company goes bump to grab as much tax and VAT and customer money before going bump. The company is now not required to file accounts until January 2019.

The writing has been on the wall in big bold print for a while.

I remember reading that post. I thought it related to the strike-off action on 13th March 2018 which was called off on 14th March 2018.

Now a new strike-off action has been issued on 27th November 2018. But I guess this is related to the account extension as previously mentioned?

I think, and I have to caveat that it is speculation, the initial wind up petition would have come from HMRC due to non payment of VAT. Thats a common cause of these events. Then HP probably appealed for time to pay and have then failed to meet their commitments again. Pure speculation but its a typical way these things unfold. I would strongly recommend you don't take your car anywhere near them.

As Scooter says these things can go from bad to worse when garages have closed and cars there only for a service have been seized as assets and possession is always 9/10ths that'd leave individuals then fighting to get their car back.

Thought I would update.

I haven’t received any replies to my emails despite following up. I also messaged on Facebook messenger, which was read, but also not replied to. This is yet again in breach of the law as the information I have requested they have a legal requirement to provide.

On Monday, after looking at pictures of other R34 engines, I noticed that my TPS throttle sensor had been installed backwards. I have now resolved this. I was hoping it may have been the cause of the error codes but unfortunately not.

After informing Consumers Advice about the proposed strike off action I have been given the number to Companies House. They have said if I contact them they should be able to postpone the strike off action until my case has been resolved.

All the above has once again been escalated to the Trading Standards Authorities.

Car is still booked into the garage on the 19th to have the remaining issues assessed and resolved.

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

So the skyline went to get checked over. The results are as follows:

Traction control issue and engine warning light - These were both related to the throttle motor sensor being fitted incorrectly. Once adjusted correctly both issues were resolved.

Overboost issue - Boost sensor to ECU in engine bay had been damaged and glued back together. This was resulting in the sensor sending incorrect data to the ECU causing it to fuel cut. A sensor from another GTT was tried, this resolved the issue. New replacement sensor has been ordered and will be fitted tomorrow.

Once I have the final invoice I will contact Hidden again.

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

I think, and I have to caveat that it is speculation, the initial wind up petition would have come from HMRC due to non payment of VAT. Thats a common cause of these events. Then HP probably appealed for time to pay and have then failed to meet their commitments again. Pure speculation but its a typical way these things unfold. I would strongly recommend you don't take your car anywhere near them.

As Scooter says these things can go from bad to worse when garages have closed and cars there only for a service have been seized as assets and possession is always 9/10ths that'd leave individuals then fighting to get their car back.

It is speculation and wrong. HMRC would never seek a compulsory striking off. You talk about a wind(ing) up petition, there is no evidence of any such action on the London Gazette. The first striking off action would have been because of the late filing of their first Confirmation Statement. Once that was filed the action was discontinued. Now they are three months late filing their accounts so a new striking off action has been started.

With regards to your earlier comment, all companies have to file their accounts no later than 21 months after their incorporation date. Changing the accounting reference date can never extend that deadline. If they file their accounts and pay the late filing penalty, the striking off process will again be discontinued.

All this proves is I have too much time on my hands and that their company administration looks as good as their customer service. If the experience of the OP is commonplace, the Directors might be best advised to let the company slide away by not filing any accounts. Nothing will stop them from starting again.

After informing Consumers Advice about the proposed strike off action I have been given the number to Companies House. They have said if I contact them they should be able to postpone the strike off action until my case has been resolved.

Worth a try but my experience is that they will only suspend the striking off if there are formal court proceedings in place. I have tried before when I had a recently issued CCJ against the company, and they still had it struck off. That did give me the prospect of then taking action against the Directors but the sums and time involved weren't worth the bother

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would update.

Letters to claim back the cost of the last repair were sent out, Hidden have until the 17th January 2019 to reimburse me before I take further action. I am still being guided by citizen’s advice and the consumer helpline as well as an independent legal representative.

It would also seem that on the 8th January 2019 the striking off action has been temporarily suspended as per the attached below.

As always I’ll keep updating until everything relating to my car has been fully resolved.

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would update this as I had some news for anyone who is still interested.

I lodged a grevience with Companies House regarding the strike off action against Hidden Performance.

After reviewing the evidence they have agreed to postpone the strike off action until August.

This will now give me the time I need to move forward with my dispute against Hidden Performance.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Obviously you have sold your car but what was the outcome on this?

No outcome unfortunately.

They ignored all my communications despite it being a legal requirements for them to reply.

Everything was escalated to the trading standards group who have started an investigation against them and possibly the MOT station that MOT’d the car.

I could have taken them to court to get back the repair costs but after discussing this with my legal representative they recommended anything less than £1000 is pretty much a right off and it would cost more for me to pursue.

The strike off action I had postponed will end tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll carry on trading as previously stated they have now re-registered under a different trading name (HP2 Ltd.).

From what I’ve been told they only have 1 ‘mechanic’ left working for them now, he is the one who built my car who has no actual formal training. The company is still being run by the same owner.

I just hope anyone who is going to use them reads this thread and thinks carefully about what they are getting themselves into.

• 2 weeks later...