The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got another Supra....and it’s DJG!

drift_bear

Holy hell!:drool::love:

Stunning!

Selling anytime soon?;):D

Thanks buddy :) Haha sorry but this will not be for sale :p

How did you get nakata to sign your glove box? Does he well signed bits online or did you meet him?

Lovely car btw

Thanks, I met him a couple of years ago at the Tokyo Auto Salon. I knew they always had a stand there so took something to get signed for the car as i knew nobody else would have something like this! Westy got his steering wheel signed by him as well at the same time :) He doesn't sell signed items as hes a very personal guy, so you literally need to meet him and ask nicely if he will.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture with you and nagata is truly awesome as is how you got to meet him!

Incidentally did he have any supra bits on hand at auto salon to buy there and then?

No nothing supra related at all sadly, just mainly GTR stuff and merchandise like T-shirt’s, stickers and etc. You will struggle to find much brand new supra stuff in shops tbh

• 3 months later...

Where to even begin with this?! If you know me then you will know that ever since day 1 of modifying cars and being part of the car scene I’ve always wanted to have my very own feature car! Now after Thursdays shoot, I can FINALLY say I have achieved this and the car will be featured in Banzai magazine soon...not with a heavily modified car or a crazy looking car but with a pretty much STOCK car with subtle changes to the body work and some nice touches to the engine bay! Firstly I want to thank Josh for parting with this car, without him doing this then it would never have happened for me. He deserves the majority of the credit and I’m only just slowly adding my own personal touch with subtle changes to it!

Here’s a few pics I grabbed with my phone, once I get the proper pics and the date of when it will be in the magazine I’ll post up :cool:

Also stopped passed a Sakura tree so would have been rude not to stop

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

So I’ve managed to source an Arc air box for the car, been after one for a while so was happy to get this! It needs a full re-polish but I have it a quick clean up tonight to see how bad it was..

I am waiting for the new replacement filter to arrive, also need to get new bolts and also managed to source new replacement sticker for it

A bit more polishing done on the arc box and it’s starting to come up well! Will go over it with a polish and a softer pad using the machine polisher. It won’t be factory perfect but will still be a good level for the engine bay.

Just need to put on the new sticker, new filter should be here next week and the new bolts

imageimage

Have a shameless car pic as well :p

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been asked by a guy local to me if I can take him to his wedding in September, of course I said yes to helping him out. So thought I would show him how the car would look with the ribbons

Also finally got round to finishing off the air box and getting it fitted up to the car and it looks absolute brilliant

Also a couple of extra ones

Also keep an eye out in next months banzai magazine

• 4 months later...

Not really melt this up to date to much as there hasn’t really been much to report on. It was in the July issue of banzai and was invited to be on there stand for Japfest! Was a really good weekend and even got next to the mkv supra on the stand and had a good look about it!

Also took part in a promotional shoot for a brand new show up here in aberdeen back in September, the car was alongside some incredible cars for the shoot!

Then took the guy to his wedding later on in September

Then done a few other shows over the remainder of the months

Also managed to get some parts to be fitted over winter :-

Will hopefully have more updates over winter when i finish going BPU and change up the body style to a more OEM/USDM sorta look, I’ll be doing the following :-

UK bonnet sprayed

Oem skirts sprayed

Front bumper smoothed (front plate removed)

Facelift bumper grille

Front active lip (fixed down)

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Not really much to update yet, should be picking up the car tomorrow after having the UK bonnet de-wrapped and painted! Also picked up a new exhaust last week during Black Friday deals... a whifbitz 4” single box system!

Hoping to get that fitted along with the other parts I have sitting over winter, so it should be a bit more lively and noisy :eyebrows:

Tonight I also seen this article on Facebook and had completely forgotten about it! The page got in touch with me last December to interview me about the car

https://www.japanesealliance.com/1995-green-twin-turbo-supra-mkiv/

Will update tomorrow once the cars back and I get the chance to grab a couple of pics