The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evolution 7/8/9 Advice

MattP

Looking at getting one of the above no particular spec etc in mind as I know very little about them and from what I can see the UK has no active Owners Club for them...

So my question is this have any of you owned one or know anything about them you can enlighten me about....

Regards Matt

I think rust can be a much greater issue than on Supra's.....

Evo's, like Imprezas and even Skylines to an extent are not as well built as our Supras, as ultimately they are based on cheap cars, the Supra is more bepoke, and what it does share are high quality components from other great cars (GS300/ Aristo, Soarer etc)

from what I can see the UK has no active Owners Club for them...

LOL

You're mad.

The Lancer Register is one of the biggest clubs in the UK

Has run its own Sprint Championship and has for many years had huge presence at all the UK shows.

Evo's are generally good, solid, bulletproof if looked after but need quite a bit of mechanical maintenance and people that know them to do them justice.

Get one and take it to Gary haywood at APT and never look back.

J.

Not a car I have ever considered. The squeezing of massive amounts of power from a relatively small engine and silly servcing schedule put me off. Not to mention the chav element that seems to buy them and scoobys.

Good luck.

H.

I love a nice Evo, preferably a IV, V or VI, and especially a rare one like a Mak or RS. However, as you said, all of the ones I see regularly are chavved up VIIs, VIIIs and IXs, with matt paint, rota wheels and awful sounding fartcans.

Oh,

For sure there are plenty of ruined ones, just like there used to be a ton of Supras (Skylines too) with gull wing doors, Veilside front bumpers and god awful weak fitment wheels with cheap tyres and a shopping list down the door of manufacturers that are either not on the car or at best the stickers came with a dumpvalve, gauges, and spark plugs lol

There are also a lot of pretty serious Evos of all denominations that have had a lot of money spent that are very capable on road.

Fewer Scoobs like that but even then we see them with a more serious kind of owner these days, now the numpties have moved back to Golfs and Fords lol

I love a nice Evo, preferably a IV, V or VI, and especially a rare one like a Mak or RS. However, as you said, all of the ones I see regularly are chavved up VIIs, VIIIs and IXs, with matt paint, rota wheels and awful sounding fartcans.

I could probably have gone an Evo VI at some point in white / blue. That time has gone now though.

H.

LOL

You're mad.

The Lancer Register is one of the biggest clubs in the UK

Has run its own Sprint Championship and has for many years had huge presence at all the UK shows.

Evo's are generally good, solid, bulletproof if looked after but need quite a bit of mechanical maintenance and people that know them to do them justice.

Get one and take it to Gary haywood at APT and never look back.

J.

Its a terrible forum and Evo owners are 4 pot muggles :)