The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Twin Turbo Supra

Guest HawkEye1

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that. I do try and be honest probably to my demise in making a sale or top money but I need to sleep at night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE - So the car didn't sell and I was probably being optimistic but worth a try. However, in the meantime my UK Auto sold for over £20k so I am now minded to keep the manual unless a silly offer might come in. It has undergone further work:

- overhaul at Toyota including - new clutch/flywheel / gearbox seals / brake fluid / coolant change / fuel filter / diff oil / air con rad and dryer replaced (now fully working and ice cold) / PAS cooler replaced / new cam belt and aux belt. I supplied some parts myself and final bill not cheap but Toyota did an amazing job

- I managed to find someone to sort the seats so the new driver's seat cover was transferred onto the original seat that has working electrics and heating. He also managed to transfer the seat back pocket onto the passenger seat

- whilst seats were away carpets were cleaned

- Toyota in dash CD player fitted

- dash panels repainted

- managed to sort active spoiler so now deploys at speed - code 42 fix

I hope you enjoy the pics - some with its Jap cousin

Nice - I can see you have a late manual non pop up? I looked at a non pop up but bought a late NA2 pop up targa Manual with low miles. It is the best car I have ever owned. Supra quicker though IMO. NSX clutch and gear box is another planet, proper super car (as you know).

Nice - I can see you have a late manual non pop up? I looked at a non pop up but bought a late NA2 pop up targa Manual with low miles. It is the best car I have ever owned. Supra quicker though IMO. NSX clutch and gear box is another planet, proper super car (as you know).

NA2 pop up is well worth having as it's super rare.

There will be a NSX EURO TOUR at the end of Sept and will be limited to 50 entry . 10 UK owners had already registered, drop me a PM if you fancy joining.

Surprised that clutch plate was holding at all, I found when my slightly slipping clutch was replaced the car was transformed so it must have been slipping more than I realised. Just enjoy it now that it has been transformed. May is a big month for my car restoration so I'm hoping to just relax and enjoy it after that. It's important after spending a shed load of money to bask in the afterglow a while and sample the fruits otherwise you'd probably just end up wondering why you wasted a shed load of money.

Thanks Rider, agree with you. Time to drive it and enjoy it. I still have the parts for the overhauling suspension etc which I might consider in the future but it drives very well and new clutch certainly transformed it. Forget how good these cars are compared to modern stuff. Planning a roadtrip to a European GP later in the year and might take it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.