The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi TT6 dyno run.....no where near stock figures

Rashed

Hey guys, today I decided to put my vvti tt6 supra on the dyno to see what sort of power it would make before I went BPU spec.

Car:

2000 Toyota Supra VVTi 2jzgte manual

Kakimoto catback exhaust

Hks intake

As you can see it just about made 192bhp and the boost massively falls off after 3500 rpm which shows the 2nd turbo isnt coming on at all!?!?!

The car had fresh plugs, oil and filter recently too.

Any thoughts? Looks to me as a boost leak or vaccum leak? But I dont know where to start or look or how to even tackle the issue. Any help much appreciated!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If the vacuum hoses where never changed I would swap out with Gates Racing , inexpensive , piece of mind

Same as OE

Vacuum Hose Sizes

4mm 3 metres

5mm 1 metre

6mm 1 metre

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/330803508813?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=540090527961&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does this cover all the hose in the engine bay as this is something I want to do to mine! Cheers

If the vacuum hoses where never changed I would swap out with Gates Racing , inexpensive , piece of mind

Same as OE

Vacuum Hose Sizes

4mm 3 metres

5mm 1 metre

6mm 1 metre

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/330803508813?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=540090527961&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Any guides etc? I would like to have a crack at this myself just for peice of mind :)

Thanks again!

no need, it is very easy once you start doing it , just unclip the spring clips, take the hose off, cut to size , replace with new hose

Sorry what I meant was is there a guide to show where all these vacuum hoses are located to see which ones to replace? Sorry to come off as a total noob.

Thanks again!

Sorry what I meant was is there a guide to show where all these vacuum hoses are located to see which ones to replace? Sorry to come off as a total noob.

Thanks again!

They are all very visible once you have the hood up , in my experience what I found was, they may look good at initial glance but one of my hoses was split behind; visually I could only see after I removed it

The Turbo side hoses, where brittle; finicky little buggers to remove

Just start from the turbo side and work your way across ; I replaced them all (just of piece of mind); nothing worse than chasing a boost leak

Took about 30 mins

I'd take some digital pics as it's quite easy to forget what goes where in the maze of hoses.

Some are coolant ones too, worth replacing but obviously will leak.

Some faffy ones at the rear of the turbos that head round the back of the engine, if they've been on there years they aren't easy to remove for a novice, if you are sure you have the right ID hose to replace them you can cut them and rotate off with pliers etc.

Careful with the plastic vsv's joints, these can snap, if you are a novice, then the best way to tackle hoses air or coolant is to try and break the seal, gentle rotation or putting a thin screw driver up/down the tube to break the years of stiction/friction (or simply cutting off, I say simply but even after years they are still quite tough so again mind that blade!), grabbing and yanking can give you breakages or sudden releases and skinned knuckles.

You can get some pliers that push off hoses but you need a lip/backstop to push off of and there isn't always that on the Supra pipes.

Also be aware that you can buy the correct internal diameter replacement hose but the external diameter might be larger/smaller than the oem originals and so any hoses with the spring clips might need different ones to be 100% secure.

So put the car back on the dyno today after the BPU mods.

It made 365bhp at 1.1 bar.

1st & 2nd decat pipes

Restrictor ring

255 fuel pump

Fuel cut defender

Intercooler hard pipes

Hks intake kit

Blitz EBC at 1.1 bar

Kakimoto catback exhaust system 3"

V power fuel

V161 manual

2jzgte vvti

Let me know what you guys think :)

• 2 weeks later...
Almost looks like the second turbo wasn't working on the first run and then you fixed it for the second run?

Yeah had a split on one of the vacuum pipes which was replaced and the car made 292bhp and now 365bhp with the BPU mods.