The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible new owner looking for advice on current market prices

Ozzy225

Hello,

Looking for some advice on current market prices. It's a complete impulse buy, but I'm possibly purchasing a 1993 SZ NA 5 speed manual with 123K Km on the clock for a bit of a project. There are hardly any up for sale at the moment, and having never considered owning one I haven't exactly been keeping up with current values/adverts so I'm struggling to judge a value. Not looking for an exact figure, just some info on what Poor/average/good condition supras roughly fetch in the above spec before I go view the car.

Always loved Supras but with the TT prices so high and with all my other projects (House/cars/boats) its never really been feasible. This one believe it or not belongs to my wife's friends mother, who's local, had it for 4 years and is only selling because its been sat in the garage not being used. So if I'm ever going to scratch that itch its now.

Cheers In advance

Edited by Ozzy225 (see edit history)

without seeing pictures / mods its hard to judge a price. what is she asking? or is it a "make me an offer kind of deal?"

I think the prices are just going to keep creeping up over the next few years so the sooner the better in terms of buying one.

There are various kits and options available for bolting a turbo onto the na that make good power so that could be an option in the future?

without seeing pictures / mods its hard to judge a price. what is she asking? or is it a "make me an offer kind of deal?"

I think the prices are just going to keep creeping up over the next few years so the sooner the better in terms of buying one.

There are various kits and options available for bolting a turbo onto the na that make good power so that could be an option in the future?

Thanks for the reply, the asking price is £6k, so hoping to get it for less than that. Modifications wise it appears to have a Veilside body kit, aftermarket wheels (nothing special) and aftermarket exhaust. All of which I would change anyway. I'm currently offshore at work, plan on viewing the car this coming Thursday so will get full spec list then but from what i know the engine is standard. Just doing some research on a few things before then, as no idea if that is a good price or not at the moment.

Dependent on the body work and the engine. 6k for an na manual sounds fair. Just check the car over

With the car being owned by a friend of your wife, it could be your destiny to own it ;-)

And yes manuals are usually more sought after than the autos. Although I like driving both

Cheers for that, Yeah looks like Autos are selling for similar prices too, so hopefully dependent on condition this will be a good buy. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...