The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto a340e trans + Link G4+ + OEM ECU - which signals does the auto box need?

mad3ga

Hi guys,

Apologies if in wrong thread, I love to think my whale is a 4-door supra, but if the question is in wrong place, please move it / let me know.

I`m running a wire-in G4+ Xtreme Link ECU in an mk2 Aristo (1997, 2JZ-GTE VVTi, a340e auto box), with OEM ECU controlling the auto box. (HKS T04z kit, auto trans, LINK G4+ Xtreme ECU). Car is wired, mapped, everything works as it should as far as engine goes, but the box doesn't shift as it should. At the moment, there`s no manual mode (M just flashes, doesn't react to shift button on the wheel if I select manual mode) and the box upshifts at ¬2500 RPM no matter what, kick-down not present at all either.

Obviously, I can keep it in locked 1st or second using the shift lever, but that's about it.

All the engine signals are wired into the LINK ECU, what we don't know / can't figure out is what exact signals does the auto box / OEM ecu need for it to work? Is there anybody that can share some wisdom, please? Any help would be appreciated, I'm seriously looking forward to enjoying my car to it's fullest ASAP. :(

Any question / additional info needed please let me know and I`ll try to reply as accurate as possible.

Thank you all,

Vali

Edited by mad3ga (see edit history)

Assuming this 'fault' is self inflicted and not a failing old OE ECU, there are 12 wires between the transmission and ECU, you will find your Gremlin amongst them somewhere?

Check all these connections are sound, especially the two speed sensors, instead of being split between the 2 ECU's one of these may have been routed to the Link only?

• 2 weeks later...
Assuming this 'fault' is self inflicted and not a failing old OE ECU, there are 12 wires between the transmission and ECU, you will find your Gremlin amongst them somewhere?

Check all these connections are sound, especially the two speed sensors, instead of being split between the 2 ECU's one of these may have been routed to the Link only?

:yeahthat: ?