The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time for a respray!

Mk4Gaz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a genuine do luck bonnet? What's the fitment like down by the wings? As tight and straight as oem or? Car looks stunning! Hopefully see it at a show in Scotland some time!
No bud, it's a custom bonnet I made. I added the scoop to an old stock one, moulded it, and made a grp bonnet.

The wings fit really well, not as easy as oem, but that's to be expected with material type and thickness differences. I could do with shunting the bonnet over a few mm, which I'll probably do once it's been driven and settled a bit.

I doubt very much that it'll be visiting bonnie Scotland, but I'll certainly be at some of the main shows next year [emoji106]

I take my hat off to you for taking on such a big project and for producing such great results, well done.
Thanks buddy, I'm really pleased with it. It's been a labour of love o ly having weekends to do it, but the results are worth it. Just need to try and keep it nice now, I never want to drive it again [emoji23]

You've really outdone yourself gaz, top job there mate. You taking on any other projects? :p Looks lovely! I remember taking off my damaged front wing, respraying it from red to white, that took me about a month to get as good as it could with rattle cans. Youve got some serious patience mate, the amount of sanding for those bloody pieces of dust!!!! Would love to see this in the flesh :)

You've really outdone yourself gaz, top job there mate. You taking on any other projects? [emoji14] Looks lovely! I remember taking off my damaged front wing, respraying it from red to white, that took me about a month to get as good as it could with rattle cans. Youve got some serious patience mate, the amount of sanding for those bloody pieces of dust!!!! Would love to see this in the flesh :)
Lol I need to catch up with a few other bits, but always looking to do new things. Although I don't think I'd do another full respray in a hurry [emoji23]

Finally got the opportunity to get her out of the workshop, and pleased to say it's finished - although I appear to have lost my spoiler end caps in the process [emoji21]

She's now home safe which I'm really pleased about, ready to come out and play when the weather improves [emoji41]imageimageimageimage