The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras In Vegas 2019

Branners

afternoon all,

So next year is the 18th birthday for the club so I wanted to do a big event to celebrate, and what better way to celebrate than to go to the biggest Supra event in America, Supras in Vegas.

So this year's event is in a few weeks time and the event site is here https://www.suprasinvegas.org/, but I want us to be there next year!

So this will be Dragonball 2019, and there wont be a Dragonball in May 2019 so that everybody can save up for DB Does Vegas!

I am out in Vegas in a few weeks time and I will be approaching a few hotels to see what special rates we can get, so I want to get an idea of numbers.

The plan is that we would fly out on a Monday night or a Tuesday morning, we have 4 or 5 nights hotel and fly back Saturday or Sunday. So it would be up to 5 nights and you would need a week off work.

The package would include hotel and domestic car hire (Dodge charger or similar). Flights will need to be booked separately as I cannot work out any way of getting you flights from your local airport, but I will have somebody like Dial A flight ready to take the booking.

We wont be staying in the official hotel for SIV, they use the Excaliber and anybody whos been to Vegas will tell you its not the best. So it may be MGM or New York New York.

So I am estimating £1000 per person to include flights, hotel and car hire, but having seen some of the recent offers it will be cheaper than that.

So what do I need?

If you are genuinely interested and really want to go then reply to this thread just saying yes. If you are a possible but not totally sure then dont say yes. It wont stop you going, but I need to have a realistic idea on numbers when talking to suppliers.

Nobody is committing to anything at the moment, I just want an idea on numbers.

Feel free to ask questions now and when Im out in Vegas in a few weeks time I will get more details from the hotels.

so we have about 20 people interested from this thread and Facebook.

However I am seeing a lot of people saying they want to go earlier and extend or head off to other bits of the US afterwards so what I may end up doing is finding a good deal with a travel agent for the right sorts of dates and then people contact that one travel agent and get in on the good deal and then extend as required.

Suffice to say, there will be a whole load of us going for SIV2019 so keep the dates in your diary and soon as I have more of an idea on costs etc I will let everybody know.

• 3 months later...

Just looking around, at the moment fares are like this:

Virgin various days either side of 19/20th Sep

Man -> Vegas return 614 with luggage (£100)

MAN -> LAX Return 550 with luggage

4.5hr drive from LAX to Vegas, saves £64 per person.

Thomas Cook

MAN -> LAX £429.50 with luggage

Option to pay £20 per flight to cancel or change up to 24hrs before the flight.

£100 to reserve all the seats all flights.

AA out BA return

LHR-> LAX

£457 return with baggage

12th Sep to 28th Sep

or two people INCLUDING car rental (some biggish Ford MPV) for £1109?! Seems like cheap car rental for two weeks.