The mkiv Supra Owners Club

work on the supra

shaundrw

Hi guys . Not had the supra long just a few months been driving her around and now time to sort a few things out. First is the front Do-Luck bumper. It had been repaired in the past by previous owner but not a very good job. Took it off and found the repairs on the fibber glass on the inside very strong but the out side well that was a different story . Lots of bubbles and in dents. Striped it back and redone the out side face. Think it looks much better.Paint arrived to day so will hopefully get it painted over the next few days. Also have side skirts to paint due to mainly stone chips. 3rd pic is before i took the bumper off for repairs.

20180823_065219.jpg

20180823_065243.jpg

20180721_164416.jpg

Edited by shaundrw (see edit history)

Ha not to far away then. The wife's parents use to live down in Hereford for years. Had wonted a supra for years now and this one came up at the right time so got it. OK it needs a bit of a tidy up in places but it will get their. Just took the nasty spoiler off . The boot lid now needs a bit of a touch up from rust under the one side of the spoiler ( only surface rust ) The oem one is on order so hopefully wont be to long getting hear.

It's a jdm supra so just done the rear inner lights in to fog lights and also left them has tail lights.

Painted the bumper today. Everything was going great until the clear coat.

Same gun as i used to paint the new vented wings on the celica. I cleaned the gun out after spraying the wings and thought i got it all out. So anyway sprayed the base coat Alpine Silver Metallic on the Supra bumper and all was well. Cleaned the gun again ready for the clear coat set the gun and started on the clear then all of a sudden bits of Blue came through the gun and is now in the clear coat ( shit ) .Got to wait until tomorrow now to sand it back and redo the clear coat. Got a nice shine on it to dam it. Ho well lesson learned make sure the gun is perfectly clean. If you in large the pic you can see a few bits and a few places where i had to pick of the Blue bits before it dried .

20180831_171117.jpg

Cheers buddy . Yes very annoying when it had such a nice finish. Hopefully get it finished today. Had to re coat the Silver yesterday after rubbing the Blue flecks out so clear coat today.

I did however get the gas bonnet struts fitted and works great. Had some for the celica but wouldn't fit so decided to put them on the supra has they have much more clearance at the top of the wings. Had to make up some brackets for them to fit and move up a touch to take the weight of the long supra bonnet. Looks so much cleaner with out the stay bar to hold it up and more work room.

• 2 weeks later...