The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Okay, lets hear your 'stupid moments' !!!

Muffleman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon moving house 2 years ago I decided to purchase one of these Georgian looking radiator covers for my dining room radiator.

So off to B&Q I went with the wife, and we found a nice white one which would fit our needs.

A few days later when I got round to assembling the cover, I was taking everything out the box and placing it in nice little piles so as to complete the job methodically and without any lost pieces etc.

It was as I constricting it, I noticed that the front cover is attached using a clip system where a small clip on the cover inserts in to housing that you have to screw on to the frame.

Now I had been quite anal about all the parts and following the instructions as I didn't want to mess his up seeing as these things cost a few hundred quid!

So As I was searching through all the parts this is when I realised that the clips that insert in to the housing were not included in the packaging. A small error on B&Q's part, but nothing major.

So I drove back up to the store (about a 25 mile round trip) and spoke to the elderly gentleman manning the DIY section and explained what I needed, the little clips that go in to the housing.

He wasn't quite sure what I was on about, and we looked at a few different options in the selections he had, but in my haste to complete the job I had forgotten to bring up the housing to see if the clips they had in store would fit in and be good enough.

So back down the road, I picked up the housing and my receipt and drove back up to B&Q again.

I managed to catch the same old guy, and I showed up him the receipt and the item I had purchased (I am too impatient to wait for a new item and I had built most of it anyways so didn't want an exchange) and then shows him the small housing that I needed a clip to fit in to.

It was then, without batting an eyelid, he removed afore mentioned small clip which was already seated inside the housing and presented me with both of them in my hands.

Embarrassed is not the word, and the fact I am an engineer for a living makes it that little bit worse! :blush:

So im a electronics design engineer/ electroics engineer apprentice i been at this for nearly 2 years in october. but when i was starting i had some gate kits come in. these were 24v kits i thought these were 230v kits as they do both variations just different supplys any whos i wire 230v mains into the 24v terminals abd switched the main on and bang! to say the least i think i jumped out of my skin and it may havr been a brown pants moment. but to this day i have not made the same mistake (touch wood)

Enjoy.

Ant :)

• 8 months later...

This happened a few weeks ago when it was at it's coldest... Very icy/frosty day, think it was about -5*c. I was leaving for work at about 7:30am, tried opening my car door - but of course it was frozen shut. Like the supra my alfa has pillarless doors, however the glass retracts into the door when opening/closing the door so it doesn't hit the doorseal. so when the glass is frozen it's difficult to open the door.

I spray the glass and the door seal with de-icer, even along the weatherstrip on the door itself. Left it a while, and trie dopening the door again... No good, i'm yanking the door as hard as i can just to break the ice's seal. I even try the other side which I haven't bothered de-icing but that too is frozen solid.

I decide to leave it five minutes and let the de-icer work its way into everything. At thsi point i've relaxed a bit and return to fight my car... Out of habit I push the unlock button on the keyfob, the car beeps and i hear the doors unlock...

Feck.

• 6 months later...

One of my most stupid moments where my mates had to intervene.

I was on holiday and had just woken up early morning, got out of bed and fancied a pop tart.

So out comes the pop tart into the toaster and I wait a few minutes.

Now as im attempting to take the warm pop tart out of the toaster half of it breaks off and falls back into the toaster. At this point without thinking, I grab a metal fork and then proceed to try and scrape the other piece of pop tart out of the toaster. Bear in mind its still powered on lol.

As im placing this metal fork nearer to the toaster, my mates shouts "nooooo, you idot", grabs the fork off me and tells me I am to never go near the toaster again at breakfast :(

One of my most stupid moments where my mates had to intervene.

I was on holiday and had just woken up early morning, got out of bed and fancied a pop tart.

So out comes the pop tart into the toaster and I wait a few minutes.

Now as im attempting to take the warm pop tart out of the toaster half of it breaks off and falls back into the toaster. At this point without thinking, I grab a metal fork and then proceed to try and scrape the other piece of pop tart out of the toaster. Bear in mind its still powered on lol.

As im placing this metal fork nearer to the toaster, my mates shouts "nooooo, you idot", grabs the fork off me and tells me I am to never go near the toaster again at breakfast :(

This is why aliens don't talk to us...

Yay I have many of these!!

I guess the first one would be remembering my way home from the local pub...yea, local...it's around three streets away from my house but for some reason whilst intoxicated I became very lost, so my survival instincts kicked in and I decided to follow the trail of street lights...I woke up not in my bed but in a wooded area next to the M4 motorway.

Another would be the time I decided to do the wiring on my fathers fish pond filters, long story short I electrocuted his fish.

Oh a toaster one....I fancied some cheese on toast but don't have a grill, so I grab the toaster and turn it on it's side, put the bread in with cheese and away we go....I honestly couldn't see the issue with this, but the heat must have went the wrong way or something because I started a fire, unless there was something else in the toaster as that should have worked.

Edited by Mason (see edit history)

I had a plum moment yesterday, went out on a date. All is well driving the Supra, overtake someone on a hill so floor it because I'm a chav. Rear wheels broke traction after going into third. After that it was really struggling/down on power. Instead "oh my God I've broken it" mode. It felt like a caliper was jammed on or it developed a really bad misfire/not running on all cylinders... Drove 20minutes, fuming to myself working out costs for what could be broken and cursing the monolithic idiot in a Skoda doing 45 in a 60. I then stop in the car park, while letting the engine Idle I spot something

Snow mode on

Well if gdog dosnt wont enyone to now. TUFF

AFTER GETTING A VERY CHEEP NASTY TENT THAT LEEKED.

He had the right hump and was packing to come home

BUT..... LOL

He locked his kees in the boot.

We did at no point larf or tack the pi@@.....:rlol:

And at no point did we gain entry, recover the keys, and steal his car... :innocent:

• 2 months later...

There's a set of traffic lights at the end of the offslip near where I work, traffic's a bit of a nightmare and it's the busiest junction in NI apparently. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting at the red light and was in a bit of a rush to get into work as I had a meeting first thing. I decided to save myself a bit of time when I arrived in the carpark to go ahead and put my disc-lock on :blink: lights changed to green and my stupidity dawned on me :D Had to switch off the ignition, take the key out to unlock the disc-lock, disarm the immobiliser and start the car again, by which time the lights had changed back to red. I could see the funny side, the rest of the traffic didn't appreciate it...