The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling it to a good home!

AndyOB

Just seen this thread, to answer a few q's, it is the same car, milage is 216km (134miles). ive spent a long time on the car getting it up to scratch....its had a new oem clutch, window regulator, wing mirror, coil clips, badges, various trim parts etc, it has had a full respray too as it was fading on the plastics etc so pointless painting a couple parts and leaving the rest. I ensure the cars I sell go out as clean/new as they can be and everything working.....its costs a lot of £ and time/effort but worth it when they are done.

Scrapped my old post before sharing my thoughts as wasn't looking to start drama- but some serious, serious red flags in this thread.

Help threads being taken as "for sale" threads, members private messaging "advice" instead of posting it, taking an offer the same day (and without checking out the market as Dnk suggested), and clearly a piss-poor valuation even by ballpark standards. Perhaps posts like these should be removed to prevent this bs happening again, or at least requiring pics/descriptions when seeking valuation guidance.

And Rider, if you think people are disgusted because they "missed out on a bargain" then that says a lot. Most people are here to share and receive guidance. OP came looking for "advice on getting a fair price", I think we all know that's not what he left with.

Edited by Wonga Spar (see edit history)

I'm intrigued, the OP posts up 6 weeks after his first post to says he is a happy chappy and its sold and you say he sold it on the first day. How would you happen to know that it was sold on the first day? Also, what evidence do you possess to suggest its a piss poor valuation. I'd say only Keron could possibly comment on that because he pitched up; saw how much work it needed, paid over his cash and then trailered off the car. Happy seller, happy buyer makes for everyone happy I think.

At the end of the day everyone involved in the actual transaction was happy, the guy got nearly double what he might have 4-5 years ago and had it so long he was happy with the figure. Keron will ensure a quick and zero comeback purchase so if you want the odd bargain priced car that does come up you need to commit in the same way which is harder for all of us.

Don't understand why everyone is getting I a twist over this.

Something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it and what a seller is willing to accept.

If someone makes money by putting time, money and effort into reselling then that's kudos to them.

This is the free market not the Soviet union...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't understand why everyone is getting I a twist over this.

Something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it and what a seller is willing to accept.

If someone makes money by putting time, money and effort into reselling then that's kudos to them.

This is the free market not the Soviet union...

Just seen this thread, to answer a few q's, it is the same car, milage is 216km (134miles). ive spent a long time on the car getting it up to scratch....its had a new oem clutch, window regulator, wing mirror, coil clips, badges, various trim parts etc, it has had a full respray too as it was fading on the plastics etc so pointless painting a couple parts and leaving the rest. I ensure the cars I sell go out as clean/new as they can be and everything working.....its costs a lot of £ and time/effort but worth it when they are done.

Just to be clear Keron, my post wasnt aimed at you at all. You run a business, you turn out decent cars from what I gather, and have always provided me with good service when ive needed bits. Unlike some notorious breakers and sellers (everyone knows who, but we're not allowed to name them), who churn out tarted up crap.

Also, what evidence do you possess to suggest its a piss poor valuation.

The same amount of evidence you had when you declared your lowball valuation, which probably contributed to the OP losing out on thousands of pounds.

As I said, ultimately it wasn't your fault, but this wasn't a one off, just the latest in a long line of uninformed outbursts from you, which anyone can check for themselves with a quick glance of your post history.

Thankfully I don't see much of it as you are part of an exclusive club of 1 person who has remained on my ignore list long term, but it does wind me up when other people are impacted by your constant negativity.

Thankfully I don't see much of it as you are part of an exclusive club of 1 person who has remained on my ignore list long term, but it does wind me up when other people are impacted by your constant negativity.[/QUOT

Really. How would you possibly know of this constant negativity then?

The same amount of evidence you had when you declared your lowball valuation, which probably contributed to the OP losing out on thousands of pounds.

As I said, ultimately it wasn't your fault, but this wasn't a one off, just the latest in a long line of uninformed outbursts from you, which anyone can check for themselves with a quick glance of your post history.

Thankfully I don't see much of it as you are part of an exclusive club of 1 person who has remained on my ignore list long term, but it does wind me up when other people are impacted by your constant negativity.

Don't throw the food under the bridge.