The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling it to a good home!

AndyOB

I have just joined this club and can see it is a splendid resource for Supra owners and admirers, unfortunately I will not be using the club for long. I’ve had my car for 18 years, it’s a marvelous machine, but I would like to try something else. It has been my every day work car for years & I still take it out at least once a week, but have a van now, it's a bit more practical!

Although it has been well looked after mechanically, I have not touched the body-work at all, it shows every prang & scrape I ever had and needs a respray. On the positive side, it is 100% stock, even has original wheels and carpets, etc, no mods and never been crashed or raced. I been meaning to sell it for the last 5 years… but what’s it worth and to whom? I guess being complete stock gives it some intrinsic value, but its not immaculate, it’s well used!. I showed it to a car auction dealer who quoted a price on the phone, looked at it and then tried to buy it much cheaper for himself! Kind of made me suspicious..

I would appreciate any advice from the club members on where you think I could best sell it? I just looking for a fair price, and would prefer it not to be scrapped for parts. It’s a stock 1995 coupe import, 6spd manual Twin turbo – Red, with 150K on the clock.

AndyOB – North London based

How you sell it depends on how you want to sell it and how quickly you want that sale. Quickest would be an eBay auction if you can stand the fees so better an eBay classified or Piston Head advert.

If its a little ropy with a few scrapes then you'd probably be looking low teens thousands on the car; I expect the auction dealer would be more in the sub ten thousand level. If you want a cross section of opinions it'd require a bit more information on service and general history plus and a few photos. To give you a guide a TT6 would scrap these days at over £10k so a complete car with MOT and a good runner is North of that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just up on eBay now. Kerons advertised it for £23,995

He was always going to make money on it as it was bought massively under market value but the seller was very happy with the price.

Looks like all the bodywork issues have been sorted and looks like it’s been resprayed so will be a nice example for someone.

He was always going to make money on it as it was bought massively under market value but the seller was very happy with the price.

Looks like all the bodywork issues have been sorted and looks like it’s been resprayed so will be a nice example for someone.

Doesn't mention being resprayed in the advert

Well there was a post from a long term member only a few minutes after the original telling him it was worth in the low teens thousands.

Don't see how anyone can advise a price without seeing the car in the flesh, i've had people come into the workshop

thinking they need a respray but a day later with the mop their car looks new again and cost them £300 !!!!

Don't see how anyone can advise a price without seeing the car in the flesh, i've had people come into the workshop

thinking they need a respray but a day later with the mop their car looks new again and cost them £300 !!!!

I completely agree Dunk.

It doesn't look like a paint match wings to bonnet so I doubt it has had a full respray, just the dents and scrapes taken care of on the bumpers and side panels. Red is one of the hardest colours to match, it would leave me wondering what it looks like under sodium lights at night. Still if its got all the history and MOTs and is as good as claimed underneath then its a very fair price. After all, not many Supras come with an air box, OEM steering wheel, all MOTs and a comprehensive service history?

That’s piss poor behaviour. Sorry but be honest

To be fair, he didn't make the guy sell it for that much, the fault really lies with the seller, who could/should have waited for more replies.

That said, im sure the mods are all too aware of the **** behaviour of that 'club member', who uses every opportunity to talk down other peoples cars. Hes a liability to the club and the forum.

To be fair, he didn't make the guy sell it for that much, the fault really lies with the seller, who could/should have waited for more replies.

That said, im sure the mods are all too aware of the **** behaviour of that 'club member', who uses every opportunity to talk down other peoples cars. Hes a liability to the club and the forum.

Oh do give over. The guy had a little offer from an auction bod which I'd venture was probably about 8 grand. It was in aesthetically pretty poor shape and the price suggested was way too high as he sold it for well under anyway. He was happy, maybe others aren't because they maybe missed out on a bargain. I'd rather see Keron buy a car cheap and tidy it up for a happy new buyer than have it stripped. If he makes money out of it, great that's what business is about. Anyone here could have taken the bus to London with a pocket full of change if they wanted it and paid over whatever they would have taken to get the deal.

Are we sure the car Keron is selling is the same as the OPs?

In the OPs description his had 150k on the clock, whereas the one Keron is selling has 134k.

Strange coincidence 2 cars both red both 100% stock both last owner for 18+ years but mileage different ?