The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bringing a car from the eu to the uk

drift_bear

Hey guys,

Been a while since I’ve last been on but thought I would drop up a post here incase any of the members know about this...

I’m considering importing a vehicle from Holland, the car in question is still on uk plates and shows up on the uk Dvla system but has an export marker against it...does anyone know if I need to go down the whole registering process again or is there a quick way?!

I’ve spoke to the Dvla but they are as helpful as always when it comes to this sort of thing :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is of any help mate but when I brought mine back to the mainland from Guernsey I had to fill out a form on line with HMRC and then they sent us a pack to fill in the details of the car which was all a bit vague (even though they knew the car and we had the UK registration documents still). It took a little back and forth but eventually we got it sorted and our original reg. number back. (Also because the car was previously registered in the UK and import duty had already been paid on it when it originally when imported we did not have to pay).

Hope that helps somewhat.

I don't know if this is of any help mate but when I brought mine back to the mainland from Guernsey I had to fill out a form on line with HMRC and then they sent us a pack to fill in the details of the car which was all a bit vague (even though they knew the car and we had the UK registration documents still). It took a little back and forth but eventually we got it sorted and our original reg. number back. (Also because the car was previously registered in the UK and import duty had already been paid on it when it originally when imported we did not have to pay).

Hope that helps somewhat.

Cheers Adam, I’ll give HMRC a shout and see what they say..

Hammer seems to be on the money from what I can remember. Is it your old purple car? That went to holland didn't it?

Yeah my old one went to Holland, it’s still on the uk plates and never been registered over there, just shows a “Y” on the export sction on the DVLA website. The urge is there to buy it back, just depends if it’s gonna be a PITA getting it back or not really!

• 4 weeks later...
Cheers Adam, I’ll give HMRC a shout and see what they say..

Yeah my old one went to Holland, it’s still on the uk plates and never been registered over there, just shows a “Y” on the export sction on the DVLA website. The urge is there to buy it back, just depends if it’s gonna be a PITA getting it back or not really!

Alex, you have probably sorted this by now as its an old thread.

When you sold the car did you fill in and return the V5C/4 (the I have sold the car for Export bit)? If so this would have automatically triggered the Y marker. Hope that helps.

Alex, you have probably sorted this by now as its an old thread.

When you sold the car did you fill in and return the V5C/4 (the I have sold the car for Export bit)? If so this would have automatically triggered the Y marker. Hope that helps.

Hey man,

No I didn’t bother chasing this up tbh and put a deposit on another Supra which should be getting collected end of the week :)