The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra arrived today!

Hamilton

Hello all,

This is technically my second "hello" post as I did one last year, but the difference this time is that I am now the proud owner of a black GZ Aerotop! I spent nearly a year looking for the right car but I'm delighted with what I've got, and I feel I owe a great deal to the people on this forum- I've lurked here for years, reading loads, before joining properly, so I felt I had a good knowledge base before looking for a car. Now I have it I realise how much I still have to learn, but still, thank you all for such a superb and supportive forum.

Anyway, the car: it has belonged to at least one forum member previously- some may recognise it. It's been superbly looked after, and I'm currently wading through an enormous file of manuals, receipts and history. As expected there are a few small things that need attention- a few paint cracks and chips- but overall nothing major. I don't plan on making any drastic changes at the moment- my aim is just to look after it, having wanted one of these cars for so many years. I'll make a couple of interior tweaks and get a spoiler put back on (shame as the spoiler delete had been really neatly done, but personally I prefer the Supra with a spoiler!) I may swap the VS skirts as well, although to be honest they're growing on me now that I've seen them in the flesh, so who knows.

I'm going to try to attach photos of the car arriving earlier today, but if they don't show up then you'll know I've failed! Look forward to meeting some of you at the shows soon. Thanks for reading and apologies for the long post!

Dave

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It'd be worthwhile buying the OE side skirt, air vents and spoiler as they come up in black which they do on places like eBay regularly but not very often. So if you are in no desperate hurry you could amass a full set over time and that gives you all the options on what to put on or leave off with anything you don't use you can store or easily sell on. Generally with Supra parts like these the longer you store them the more valuable they become.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad so many are in agreement about the spoiler- I'll post more pics when it's fitted. I've gone for the TRD one.

Few more photos now I've had chance to take it out. I also spent hours yesterday cleaning the interior- it wasn't filthy, but it's always nice to know it's been done thoroughly!

image.jpg

image.jpg

It'd be worthwhile buying the OE side skirt, air vents and spoiler as they come up in black which they do on places like eBay regularly but not very often. So if you are in no desperate hurry you could amass a full set over time and that gives you all the options on what to put on or leave off with anything you don't use you can store or easily sell on. Generally with Supra parts like these the longer you store them the more valuable they become.

Good idea, thanks for the advice. Funnily enough this crossed my mind as well. I'll probably get hold of an OE set of skirts as I'm fairly certain I won't keep the Veilsides, and will keep an eye out for the rest. I do love an OE car but there were other things I prioritised over having something stock.

Wow this Supra is a blast from the past!! I remember back in 2008 when Pabs / Paul owned it, I used to see it at the Basingstoke meets when I used to own my black aerotop too.

It’s a great looking aerotop, personally I wouldn’t change a thing. Looks good spoiler-less, I always did love this car :cool:

Wow this Supra is a blast from the past!! I remember back in 2008 when Pabs / Paul owned it, I used to see it at the Basingstoke meets when I used to own my black aerotop too.

It’s a great looking aerotop, personally I wouldn’t change a thing. Looks good spoiler-less, I always did love this car :cool:

Wow, that's cool! I guessed someone would recognise the car but didn't think it would be from back in 2008! Glad you like it though. :)

Great looking car. Can’t beat an aerotop! TRD spoiler will be the icing on the cake.

What a time of year to get it too, leave the roof off for as long as you can [emoji3]

/QUOTE]

Agreed! :cool: So far the roof has only been put on while I washed the car, then it came straight back off again! Sure hope this weather holds for a bit longer... :D

Yep that’s my old car! Glad to see it still around, shame the wheels have been changed but each to their own.

Miss it like crazy, hopefully it still has my seats and carpet and interior changes too??

For what it's worth I'll do my very best to look after it. What wheels did you have on it?

The interior has black Recarro Speeds, white LEDs in the dash and black carpet. Sound about right? :)

For what it's worth I'll do my very best to look after it. What wheels did you have on it?

The interior has black Recarro Speeds, white LEDs in the dash and black carpet. Sound about right? :)

Yep, sounds like the interior is still going strong then! I sold the car back in 2007, so glad my handy work is holding up strong!

If you want any details or photos of what i did let me know, kept a record of everything but then I’m sure I provided 99% of it to the buyer anyway.

Cheers - Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, sounds like the interior is still going strong then! I sold the car back in 2007, so glad my handy work is holding up strong!

If you want any details or photos of what i did let me know, kept a record of everything but then I’m sure I provided 99% of it to the buyer anyway.

Cheers - Paul

Cheers - Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers - Paul

Thanks Paul, really appreciate it. I love the interior you've done! Wouldn't change a thing. I also got given a huge file with receipts and manuals for the car which I've barely had time to look through, but I'll give you a shout if anything else crops up.

Dave

• 5 months later...

Just stumbled across this thread and noticed the date of the post and the Blitz wheels in the pics....man...

I remember that night on eBay so well. So YOU'RE the guy that outbid me! Man...I was so annoyed at myself for weeks on end, because it was the only Supra that I felt was worthy enough to buy all Summer. I got outbid by either £50 or £100...I can't remember now. Lovely car mate :)