The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smoke on idle when hot

sidewaysdan

It can be done on a lift and with a transmission jack, however, the job is far more "controllable" when done on axle stands and with an OE jack.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222568&d=1506508828

Doing it on a lift also means that every little spring, bolt or washer that you drop will ping off somewhere into the darkness or under the bench and a lot of the continuously dripping ATF misses the drip tray.

Doing it on axle stands, the ATF runs up your arms and off your elbows into my huge, squidgy & catches everything drip-tray, doing it on a lift the ATF runs up to your armpits and also down your neck until it drips off something else!

My spine is in a bad state and "standing-still whilst looking-up with both-arms-extended" is my nemesis and I physically can't do that anymore.

Standing-still for more than a minute traps a nerve in my lower spine, looking-upwards traps a nerve in my neck and holding both-arms-extended above chest-line traps another nerve in between my shoulders, any one of these "happenings" will floor me with "white-pain" for up to a week?

A level drive on a nice sunny day or a floor inside a workshop is as good as it gets.

Again, all of this information is in the Transmission Group, of which you are a member.

I even wrote to you by p.m. offering to upgrade your transmission to the latest Hybrid spec, free of charge, on my new level concrete drive during the lovely weather we've had all summer.

Now you know why!

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So bit of a update. Started the car up today and still had a little smoke . So let it warm up and took it for a quick blast to see if there was more smoke on boost and nothing no smoke at all on boost drove for a few miles came home and let it run to cool down and still no smoke... what is going on I’m so confused

So bit of a update. Started the car up today and still had a little smoke . So let it warm up and took it for a quick blast to see if there was more smoke on boost and nothing no smoke at all on boost drove for a few miles came home and let it run to cool down and still no smoke... what is going on I’m so confused

Could it not be really bad valve stem seals and really thin oil mate??