• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God you guys should become forensic investigators :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228377[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228380[/ATTACH]

The attached pics are of my early 93 UK spec red tt6 engine, the turret tops are shiny but that's with lots of cleaning not overly buffed I would have said painted with base coat and not lacquered.

Mine is not bad for a UK car:D

I have the oem radio and cd control and multi disc changer if I ever want to reinstate it.

The one in SA looks good but I would be viewing in person before any money changed hands.

And put that rust bucket away :p

A guy in ireland (i think) it trying to get 30k gbp for a good condition red UK spec TT6.

It is for sale but I'm not been funny im not trying to get 30+k sterling(I will or I am keeping it) the price is the price mine is mint right down to the last tire kicker who checked every panel on car was able to me with some gizmo suction cup looked like tire gauge, that all panels still original paint.

- - - Updated - - -

A guy in ireland (i think) it trying to get 30k gbp for a good condition red UK spec TT6.

It is for sale but I'm not been funny im not trying to get 30+k sterling(I will or I am keeping it) the price is the price mine is mint right down to the last tire kicker who checked every panel on car was able to me with some gizmo suction cup looked like tire gauge, that all panels still original paint.

Dnk I cannot vouch if or not he is the first owner. I say this because I don't know him well enough to know if he worked at Toyota back in the day, or he may be the 2nd owner after it was imported or whatever the story may be. As for them bolts on the fenders, I have seen many UK and JDM cars as well as USA cars look like that. Either that or everyone is respraying it but no harm in asking a question to put to rest some worries.

I agree, better to inspect in person before exchange of serious money but the way it seems from here, he will try to sell it locally first.

Thank you everyone for the comments and critics.

Blythmrk, that is one beautiful car you own. Congrats

Don't think there have been any critics, just lots of drooling. My wing bolts are painted 040 and my car has never been resprayed on what I am sure are the original under bonnet body panels as I have owned the car since it was nearly new.

Thanks Rider. I am of the same belief and even more so now with your comment. I see most car manufacturers do it that way as paint removal from the bolt would indicate tampering or adjustment for various reasons. Like I said, not my car. If it was, I would not be selling it. If I had the money, I may have considered buying it but then again, I already own one but in need of a lot of restoration and parts to be complete.

• 4 months later...
Thanks Rider. I am of the same belief and even more so now with your comment. I see most car manufacturers do it that way as paint removal from the bolt would indicate tampering or adjustment for various reasons. Like I said, not my car. If it was, I would not be selling it. If I had the money, I may have considered buying it but then again, I already own one but in need of a lot of restoration and parts to be complete.

Did you get this ? If so did you find the frame number and check it on the registry website ?

Tyson no I did not get it. I did not see it either as the man does not live in my hood of town. I don't have time to go out and see a car to prove unfortunately. I don't think its on the registry either. One thing for sure is the owner is meticulous when it comes to his cars. Even has an SLK55 AMG that's in pristine condition.

Our Rand had weaken a lot over the past few months which had him decide to sell it. Now I don't know what has happened with the car or his decision to sell up. I know he did mention he will hold on till the prices increase ever more or the Rand depreciates which I pray it doesn't, atleast until my car is complete that is lol.