The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec low mileage MK IV toyota supra all oem car unmolested

SupraTRD_MK4

Hello there

So a friend of mine asked me what me thinks his car be worth as he is keen on selling her for personal reasons. The car is still fresh and yes it is a UK car imported to our country back in the day through Toyota SA itself. I have heard that maybe 10 or more give or take were brought to South Africa but alas, the market was not feasible for us back then or for some absurd reason we did not get them.

The car has roughly 50 000km and still has all oem UK parts on it. I am awaiting other photos of the car but he has informed me that he still has the oem wheels for her and whatever else he may have changed.

So what would you guys think this car would be worth in the UK market, USA market and UAE market?

Critics and comments all entertained. He is ready to export her with all documents in order should the right offer be made unless someone local has their heart and money to spend on such a gem of a car.

IMG-20180714-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180723-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20180723-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20180723-WA0015.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even has the diff oil pump to aid with cooling or whatever it does. Thanks Frank and yes it is oem v160 model car. It also does still have the oem from factory glass head lamps with adjusters. I am awaiting interior photos and few others. Don't know yet but the interior might be the tan colour as the other guy I know has that in his UK model car. Thanks DNK. You think you have an estimate value there?

Edited by SupraTRD_MK4 (see edit history)

The diff oil cooler was standard fitment on the UK cars

I have no idea what its worth and possibly a car to put into something like the classic car auction that's

held at the NEC during the classic car show, i'd imagine it will get a lot of interest internationally

What year is it ?

It wont be able to go into the US market unless its an early 93

Whats the frame number?

Car looks brand new.. did they convert it to KM when imported there or is it still recording in miles?

Good choice with the wheels too ;)

BTW, nothing to critique here! I would suspect a RHD country would offer more than going to the US as it will told less value there being RHD, but on the other hand they are throwing silly money around and if its as mint as it looks you could be onto a winner.

BTW, its not all OEM - those brake discs certainly aren't - you sure this hasn't been modified further? I mean why put drilled rotors on when its only done 30k miles? Is it just for looks? :)

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

Oh ok I didn't know that part of the diff cooler DNK. Thanks for that. Yeah you right but my guess is it is a 93 model. There was a magazine here in our country that conducted the test aka CAR magazine and I am of the belief that Toyota SA brought in a few which were new early model cars so 1993 model.

Bobbeh, as far as I know its 17 digit long but dont have the exact number. Are you asking as you want to gauge how early model it is or...?

As for the miles to km/h, I think its reading in kilometres as our country uses that. I could be wrong. When I get the interior photos, I will upload them. I agree on your last statement. Thanks for the kind words and questions mate.

I’d want over £30k for that in today’s market.

Indeed, or more. I can imagine this easily getting over $50K US and thats as a RHD example being a manual. Good example:

https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1994-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TWIN-TURBO-LIFTBACK-217911

FYI - price gone up by 20k in 2 years! Similar example sold for $30k back in 2016.

If in top condition then i think it would sail past £30k easily in a quality auction

Especially as its as good as stock, can soon pop OE discs on it :) does it still have the stock exhaust fitted

and ICE system

It’s a manual, look at the photos :)

Comments like that are unnecessary, we don’t all have forensic knowledge of these cars especially if we haven’t owned a manual.

GLWS - looks an amazing example.

Don't know yet but he mentions he will feel the waters locally and see what he gets. If he doesn't win, Australia, UK, US or Canada will be options for him to name but a few. This car resides in a town where no sea is so it wont have any rust and under carriage should still look swell in my opinion.

Thanks RSB.

Dnk, the man is an elderly gentleman. Me thinks he has not changed those parts at all so would still be stock.

Someones put aftermarket brake rotors on it. Not even sure if they're Toyota, as I have TRD brakes and they are grooved not drilled. Anyhow, thats not really a problem either way, wont make any difference to the sale if it has different brake discs that can be changed easily. :)

Aus would be a good destination to sell, big Jap car market there... not sure what they sell for. Might be worth messaging the guys on here for feelers on price: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1166121410098522/ - its a diverse community with people from that region on it.