Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra MkV launch and updates thread

VVTI finally! Club Member JasonR24's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Apologies, misunderstood

Must have similar under pinnings of the TMG 650, imagine it in the FT1 concept
    The LC F will be the real supra successor. Itís a shame they abused the name and just whacked it on a reskinned Z4 but unfortunately thatís what theyíve done.

The LC F is going to be £100k+ no doubt but Iíll probably look for a used one in the future.

Drive it like u nicked it Club Member KamaSupra's Avatar
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

Well said.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KamaSupra AKA Dave
    DEEP JEWEL GREEN- TT6 Facelift Toyota Supra
    -Sourced and Imported by Jurgen at JM IMPORTS-

BLACK Aerotop (Sold May 2014)

Me? Post? Never! Club Member mplavery's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    I really wasnít sure of the MKV but after seeing tons more photos and videos of it I must admit I want one now

Iíd love to buy it new but since it hasnít really blown me away Iíll wait a few years and get a used one 😎

I'm part of the furniture Club Member j_jza80's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Apologies, misunderstood

Must have similar under pinnings of the TMG 650, imagine it in the FT1 concept
    While I never thought the FT1 would become the 'new Supra', Toyota should have built a limited run of them, preferably with the V10 from the LFA

Feedback
    13 (100%)

at 3.43 you get a bit of the cars soundtrack, sounds like it has some great potential with a few aftermarket goodies

VVTI finally! Club Member JasonR24's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_jza80 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J63YcKRCwU

at 3.43 you get a bit of the cars soundtrack, sounds like it has some great potential with a few aftermarket goodies
    For £55k pro model (as you canít get the base model yet) should this car not already be up to scratch?

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonR24 View Post
    For £55k pro model (as you can’t get the base model yet) should this car not already be up to scratch?
    There are very few production cars which can not be improved upon in the sound department with the right exhaust / intake setup The MKIV Supra sounds pretty gutless as it left the factory.

Not quick enough Club Member charlton's Avatar
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    The MKIVís little brother? At least itís wider

I do like it and think it will look good with a few tweaks and BPU, but it is a bit too BMW for me and would love to see a manual option

70CC734B-6909-46B9-B698-E5C4A4D86DDF.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Contribute to my turbo manual fund - PM me for details
    1994 | GZ BPU Aerotop | 02/13
    1995 | Veilside widearch SZ-R | 03/06 - 10/14

I'm addicted now! Club Member jonc's Avatar
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonR24 View Post
    For £55k pro model (as you can’t get the base model yet) should this car not already be up to scratch?
    So why have most of us gone BPU or further on a stock MKIV and changed the wheels?.

I laugh at those that think the Lexus should have been the next Supra as well.

The mkiv was £44k ish in 94 akin to about 80k ish now. So it was an expensive car back then and no way could Toyota compete in that market with any Supra. Let's face it the Lexus people want as the next Supra is over 100k.

I do agree that the collaboration with BMW ( can't stand the marque or the drivers who drive them thinking they own the deeds to the road) is disappointing but Toyota have kicked out the best they can in the market they are aiming at.

Our marque didnt gather credence for a long time. Poor sales in the UK prove that but history made the mkiv what it is today however not many of us have ones that were the same as when they rolled off the forecourt.

I will give the V a chance, I like the curves, the interior is modern if a bit Germanic now the important bit is the driving Reviews.

Will I own one ever? Doubt it. I Never buy new cars (mugs game) nor use PCP (I own all my car's) and by the time the V hits the price I'm willing to pay in 7 to 8 years I will be in my 60s and probably will need a helper to get in and out of the thing.

However it looks good, the market sector it's aimed at is about right so now it's down to the driver reviews.

Give the new kid a chance
    Last edited by jonc; 15-01-19 at 23:38.
    JonC

"living the dream"

Supra VVTI TT Tiptronic
    MGZT 190

Uk spec gt28 turbo's Club Member
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    The mkiv was £44k ish in 94 akin to about 80k ish now. So it was an expensive car back then and no way could Toyota compete in that market with any Supra. Let's face it the Lexus people want as the next Supra is over 100k.

Only one flaw in your statement is that Nissan managed to bring the R35 out at around 70 grand and that is a great car.
    If Toyota wanted to they should of used the development from LFA to produce a supra not only that it would of helped them recoup there losses on the development of that car.
    But in all reality Toyota have lost there way the range of cars built in the 80,s and 90,s was brilliant look at them now building cars like that damn prius

- - - Updated - - -

Only one flaw in your statement is that Nissan managed to bring the R35 out at around 70 grand and that is a great car.
    If Toyota wanted to they should of used the development from LFA to produce a supra not only that it would of helped them recoup there losses on the development of that car.
    But in all reality Toyota have lost there way the range of cars built in the 80,s and 90,s was brilliant look at them now building cars like that damn prius

. Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Need I say more

Me? Post? Never! Club Member chazuk's Avatar
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But you can understand why Nissan to this day still wont say if the R35 if profitable , many car journalists say the production costs of something so technical and all that time with it in the wind tunnel is not cheap they would have to be sold at around 140k to make profit which kind of makes sense when you see the price of a car that every part has been built from scratch with that much tech, the only thing that might of saved the day the r35 is a hit although I remember when it first came out it was slagged off to death on the gtr forum people saying its not a skyline and its ugly and the last real gtr was a r34 that all seems long forgotten about now.

Some sort of aerotop model would be cool but doubt it will happen
    Last edited by chazuk; 16-01-19 at 08:40.
    Chaz

Superficial Club Member Lukeyboy2k's Avatar
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Not sure if I want to like this car or not. Like everyone on here, having a close affinity to the mkiv, I wished for a great mkv. This car doesn't appear to be great.

First impressions are that it looks like a re-skinned Z4 (because it is), with the current fashion of needless bolt-on fussy body work. Looks awkward in the photos, but maybe better in the flesh? My current fun car is a Lotus Evora, which I think looks a bit challenged in photos. However, in the flesh I believe is a very well proportioned, good looking car that never fails to get positive comments - a mini supercar that often gets mistaken for a Ferrari or Lambo by those that don't 'know' cars. Hope for the mkv? Perhaps. I think it could look OK in lairy yellow, with a BGW, some better wheels and something done with the bumpers.

Interior. Anodyne, dreary BMW. No hiding from it. My daily driver is a BMW, and whilst it is OK, has very little excitement factor and is lower quality than a Lexus. But the mkv is a 'Toyota' and not a Lexus. It would have to be put up with.

How will it perform and drive? ..... Probably better than most mkivs. I loved my mkivs, but times move on, and this will likely handle much better. The relative 'low' power of the launch car would probably beat a BPU mkiv in all situations. I imagine a remapped mkv would probably beat single mkivs in situations other than a rolling drag. Real world, probably a better car. (But not a legend).

If I had 50k, would I buy one? No. I never buy new cars any way, but the mkv has a whole hint of 'meh' about it. It had impossible expectations to follow. I think the Toyota/Lexus positions are slightly changed from the early 90's. A Toyota can not be perceived to be as good as a Lexus nowadays, whereas back then Lexus were more concentrated on the luxury cruisers and stronger Toyota sports cars could exist.
    Previous - Gunmetal facelift 6 Speed Single.
    Current - Lotus Evora.

Work... what work? Club Member tayr's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rg500 View Post
    Need I say more
    when compared like this, they all look very similar

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chazuk View Post
    Some sort of aerotop model would be cool but doubt it will happen
    http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2019/01/83.jpg