The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

have you seen the satellite view of the location, from what I can see its a warehouse unless I have it wrong!

Im certainly planning on being down there by 5pm as the traffic on the m25 on a friday is a killer. Will have my son with me too.

TPC Ltd is where you want to head to, google it, it’s where Toyota prep their cars for journalists :thumbs:

have you seen the satellite view of the location, from what I can see its a warehouse unless I have it wrong!

Im certainly planning on being down there by 5pm as the traffic on the m25 on a friday is a killer. Will have my son with me too.

I am planning to get in the area at the latest by 5 to give the old girl a once over, maybe worth meeting up somewhere close by?

340hp in a 1500kg car is crap. Who wants to buy something that you will need to put 15 grand into just to keep up with a stock GTR? You might as well buy a MK4 and put the money you would have spent into that, you'd have a faster car and some change. I don't understand where Toyota expect the market for this car to be, it would struggle to keep up with an M3 and has no chance against the old guard's modern equivalents. The LC-F is what the new Supra should be. I'm also willing to bet that the MK5 will have a Toyota ECU, so nobody can remap it, while anyone who bought the new z4 will be running 400hp with a flash and basic mods.

340hp in a 1500kg car is crap. Who wants to buy something that you will need to put 15 grand into just to keep up with a stock GTR? You might as well buy a MK4 and put the money you would have spent into that, you'd have a faster car and some change. I don't understand where Toyota expect the market for this car to be, it would struggle to keep up with an M3 and has no chance against the old guard's modern equivalents. The LC-F is what the new Supra should be. I'm also willing to bet that the MK5 will have a Toyota ECU, so nobody can remap it, while anyone who bought the new z4 will be running 400hp with a flash and basic mods.

Is this defo the spec of car are we 100% sure. If so I agree. Maybe this is the entry level version which be fine for the Joe soaps, and there might be proper 600hp version for the ethuatist

Is this defo the spec of car are we 100% sure. If so I agree. Maybe this is the entry level version which be fine for the Joe soaps, and there might be proper 600hp version for the ethuatist

I suspect this will be the case, also no drivetrains or power figures have been confirmed

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

I doubt you will be seeing an “uncammo’d” car tomorrow, just the same car in a more formal fashion.

One can hope it will be in it’s true colours though!

Yeah would be nice. Hope that we will be allowed to get a lot closer than the public have been able to today

Either way stupidly excited about it

340hp in a 1500kg car is crap.

Thats hot hatch figures these days:( Hope it still doesn't look crap when the camo is taken off, wheels look nice and 4 pots up front from the close ups which is hot hatch normality these days.

I've just seen the spy shots of the very BMW interior of the car from Goodwood. Can't say I'm impressed. They should have stuck with the wrap around dash.

The car seems very generic and bland. I hope those who went this evening can report back with some more promising news?