The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkiv 2jzgte garage whifbitz drive by wire

supra_wes

Not sure if thats aimed at me,

But its in a manual drift/track car.

Pretty simple in many respects.

Bosch 82mm DV5 throttle, 350z pedal, Link ecu, and wire it up.

Advantages are idle compensation, potential for more accurate boost and control implementation for track work, throttle progression can be mapped, amongst others.

Wiring is easy - 6 to TB = motor +ve and -ve, TPS +ve and -ve, and Sensor 1 & 2.........for the pedal the 6 are basically +ve, -ve and sensor for each of the two position sensors in the pedal.

J.

A common issue is using a bigger throttle body and the issue is the car goes quicker as you release the throttle from fully open at certain less the wide open throttle settings dues to anomalies in air flow. it can be mapped out on DBW but really the TB is too big. They also have very un-progressive throttle action. Unless the stock TB is causing a pressure drop there absolutely no reason to change it. These anomalies are often worse on stock plenums with poor inter cylinder air distribution characteristics. It's a common problem and not just on 2JZ engines, it's common to most any engine. There's a lot of air flow research in stock plenums with a given TB size.

A common issue is using a bigger throttle body and the issue is the car goes quicker as you release the throttle from fully open at certain less the wide open throttle settings dues to anomalies in air flow. it can be mapped out on DBW but really the TB is too big. They also have very un-progressive throttle action. Unless the stock TB is causing a pressure drop there absolutely no reason to change it. These anomalies are often worse on stock plenums with poor inter cylinder air distribution characteristics. It's a common problem and not just on 2JZ engines, it's common to most any engine. There's a lot of air flow research in stock plenums with a given TB size.

I'm using the Greddy intake plenum with a Motec M800. I'm having stepper motor iacv valve issues, so i've decided to go dbw.

Does anyone know the wiring pinouts to the lexus sc430 throttle pedal?