The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop roof value

ShawnPreece

Hi guys im potentially looking at buying an aerotop roof and have found a guy that has one spare but neither of us has an idea of how much it would be worth to speak about a price so he asked me if I would ask on here to see what you guys think...

Plus point of the value would be the rarity of the item as not many come up for sale and also that it seems the fitment is good

Negative sides of the value would be the condition as the paintwork is very untidy and has a few dings and uneven surface imperfections and is missing one of the 4 corner bolts to hold it down

Pics are below but thanks in advance for any input :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=227677&stc=1&d=1528877816

attachment.php?attachmentid=227678&stc=1&d=1528877816

attachment.php?attachmentid=227679&stc=1&d=1528877816

attachment.php?attachmentid=227680&stc=1&d=1528877816

attachment.php?attachmentid=227681&stc=1&d=1528877816

attachment.php?attachmentid=227682&stc=1&d=1528878471

attachment.php?attachmentid=227683&stc=1&d=1528878471

attachment.php?attachmentid=227684&stc=1&d=1528878471

attachment.php?attachmentid=227685&stc=1&d=1528878471

attachment.php?attachmentid=227686&stc=1&d=1528878471

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

That's more than a ding in that one photo!

As Sam said, just because they are rare, doesn't automatically mean they are in demand and worth anything.

If I was in your position and after one, that one would only be worth paying £50 to £75 for me. Going to need some money throwing at it to make it usable.

Prices above seem fair taking into consideration the cost in pulling the dent out, respraying and buying completely new seals if you want to have it in the best possible condition.

I would check that dent can actually be pushed/pulled out first, seems too close to the edge to me, but I'm no expert.

Thanks for your opinions guys, after feeding back the spoke about values he said he had a rough figure of £500 as a bottom line in his mind before asking me to find this out so by time I would need to get it tidied up and painted I think it wouldn't really be cost effective for me to go for it and will wait for another to come up

What actually happened you yours Shawn?

It kind of accidentally got run over and doesn't fit so well now :( :hide:

attachment.php?attachmentid=227688&stc=1&d=1528888921

attachment.php?attachmentid=227689&stc=1&d=1528888921

attachment.php?attachmentid=227690&stc=1&d=1528888921

attachment.php?attachmentid=227691&stc=1&d=1528888921

attachment.php?attachmentid=227692&stc=1&d=1528888960

attachment.php?attachmentid=227693&stc=1&d=1528888960

attachment.php?attachmentid=227694&stc=1&d=1528888960

attachment.php?attachmentid=227695&stc=1&d=1528888960

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Damn mate. Sorry to see that. Were you the one who posted another post referring to Brian aka Paul Walker's move of jacking the aero top off with a single push or did this happen to someone else as well recently?

Could a panel beating shop not pull those dents out? I have seen a shop local to me repair a roof on a Supra here without body filler. But it has a lot of tiny dings in it so guess they will only use a thin layer of body filler to repair it. Hope you come right with finding another

Damn mate. Sorry to see that. Were you the one who posted another post referring to Brian aka Paul Walker's move of jacking the aero top off with a single push or did this happen to someone else as well recently?

Could a panel beating shop not pull those dents out? I have seen a shop local to me repair a roof on a Supra here without body filler. But it has a lot of tiny dings in it so guess they will only use a thin layer of body filler to repair it. Hope you come right with finding another

A friend of mine commented saying that on one of my wanted ad's on facebook yeah. I've been to see a couple of bodyshops and the prices they are quoting id rather get one thats structurally sound and not been repaired as the quotes for repairing are quite high

Thanks for your opinions guys, after feeding back the spoke about values he said he had a rough figure of £500 as a bottom line in his mind before asking me to find this out so by time I would need to get it tidied up and painted I think it wouldn't really be cost effective for me to go for it and will wait for another to come up

Yeah knew that would be a rough figure he would have in mind.

He is dreaming in that condition.

As everyone has said, they are hard to value because they almost never come up for sale. Since you obviously need one though I would start with a figure of £600 - £700 for a mint one and then work back from that with a quote from a bodyshop to get the blue one fixed. New bolts and seals are still (until recently at least) available from toyota and arent that expensive.

eta. As long as the frame is sound there is no reason a good panel beater couldnt fabricate a new skin for yours

Edited by TrickTT (see edit history)

it's worth easily £500 in that condition they never come up for sale , the trim on the underside alone is over £200 from Toyota , plus the bolts etc ,I bought a black tt aero that had the bonnet come up and dented the roof a new bare shell aero roof from Toyota last time I looked was £1100 time you add trim and bolts it was on for £1600 so I replaced it with a carbon one in the end as was only selling the car but actually the carbon one fitted great didn't leak either