Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerotop roof value

UK 6sp 3.4 Single :) Club Member ShawnPreece's Avatar
    Feedback
    33 (100%)

Aerotop roof value

Hi guys im potentially looking at buying an aerotop roof and have found a guy that has one spare but neither of us has an idea of how much it would be worth to speak about a price so he asked me if I would ask on here to see what you guys think...

Plus point of the value would be the rarity of the item as not many come up for sale and also that it seems the fitment is good

Negative sides of the value would be the condition as the paintwork is very untidy and has a few dings and uneven surface imperfections and is missing one of the 4 corner bolts to hold it down

Pics are below but thanks in advance for any input

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (874.9 KB, 121 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (680.3 KB, 122 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (793.6 KB, 123 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (771.3 KB, 120 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (1.04 MB, 122 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (772.8 KB, 122 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (703.0 KB, 121 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (742.7 KB, 118 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (615.8 KB, 117 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (480.7 KB, 115 views)
    8: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto Aerotop - Named Buffy - Current Car Updates Here
    7: MKIV 1994 Supra Single Turbo Auto - Current Car / Ongoing Project Project Thread will be here
    6: MKIV 1994 Supra UK spec V160 Widearch 1000bhp build - Named Sally - Current Car / My Pride & Joy Project Thread here

1: MKIII 1990 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 2: MKIV 1994 Supra TT6 - Written Off after Tyre Blew 3: MKIII 1992 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 4: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto - Sold 5: MKIV 1994 Supra VVT-I TT Manual (engine from 98 Supra) - Been broken

Posting is my life! Club Member Sheefa's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    150-200 as a stab.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Greg

UK Spec Manual - Big Single Turbo 800bhp

Carefully maintained by Lee P and the Team @ SRD
    http://www.supraracingdevelopments.co.uk

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    150-200 ish was my first thought too. You could also factor into the mix that although rare, who actually wants to buy one? Demand is hardly high for them!

The Non-PC Club Member Frank Bullitt's Avatar
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Prices above seem fair taking into consideration the cost in pulling the dent out, respraying and buying completely new seals if you want to have it in the best possible condition.

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    That's more than a ding in that one photo!

As Sam said, just because they are rare, doesn't automatically mean they are in demand and worth anything.

If I was in your position and after one, that one would only be worth paying 50 to 75 for me. Going to need some money throwing at it to make it usable.
    94 UK TT, Paddle Shift, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Supragal View Post
    Bunra is more dangerous. I'm drawn to danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTT View Post
    You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt View Post
    Prices above seem fair taking into consideration the cost in pulling the dent out, respraying and buying completely new seals if you want to have it in the best possible condition.
    I would check that dent can actually be pushed/pulled out first, seems too close to the edge to me, but I'm no expert.

You did well to keep up, there are few things faster in this world than Burna on the way to a pub

I'm part of the furniture Events Organiser Al Massey's Avatar
    Feedback
    62 (100%)
    I sold my old one in pretty much perfect condition for 450 and that was several years ago.

Doesn't matter if its rare or not, these cost 1K for the just the outer shell and I have seen quite a few people look for one over the years.
    TRD widebody in need of carbon

Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Try 100-200 and see if he’ll sell. Shame about the dent but I’m sure you’d be having it painted etc anyhow.

What actually happened you yours Shawn?
    RSP VVTi TT6

Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Thanks for your opinions guys, after feeding back the spoke about values he said he had a rough figure of 500 as a bottom line in his mind before asking me to find this out so by time I would need to get it tidied up and painted I think it wouldn't really be cost effective for me to go for it and will wait for another to come up

Quote Originally Posted by SPG View Post
    What actually happened you yours Shawn?
    It kind of accidentally got run over and doesn't fit so well now

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (645.5 KB, 98 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (745.1 KB, 99 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (702.5 KB, 98 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (504.9 KB, 97 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (727.1 KB, 98 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (486.5 KB, 97 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (679.5 KB, 97 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (511.8 KB, 96 views)
    7: MKIV 1994 Supra Single Turbo Auto - Current Car / Ongoing Project Project Thread will be here
    6: MKIV 1994 Supra UK spec V160 Widearch 1000bhp build - Named Sally - Current Car / My Pride & Joy Project Thread here

1: MKIII 1990 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 2: MKIV 1994 Supra TT6 - Written Off after Tyre Blew 3: MKIII 1992 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 4: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto - Sold 5: MKIV 1994 Supra VVT-I TT Manual (engine from 98 Supra) - Been broken

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Damn mate. Sorry to see that. Were you the one who posted another post referring to Brian aka Paul Walker's move of jacking the aero top off with a single push or did this happen to someone else as well recently?
    Could a panel beating shop not pull those dents out? I have seen a shop local to me repair a roof on a Supra here without body filler. But it has a lot of tiny dings in it so guess they will only use a thin layer of body filler to repair it. Hope you come right with finding another

Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraTRD_MK4 View Post
    Damn mate. Sorry to see that. Were you the one who posted another post referring to Brian aka Paul Walker's move of jacking the aero top off with a single push or did this happen to someone else as well recently?
    Could a panel beating shop not pull those dents out? I have seen a shop local to me repair a roof on a Supra here without body filler. But it has a lot of tiny dings in it so guess they will only use a thin layer of body filler to repair it. Hope you come right with finding another
    A friend of mine commented saying that on one of my wanted ad's on facebook yeah. I've been to see a couple of bodyshops and the prices they are quoting id rather get one thats structurally sound and not been repaired as the quotes for repairing are quite high

I'm part of the furniture Events Organiser Al Massey's Avatar
    Feedback
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPreece View Post
    Thanks for your opinions guys, after feeding back the spoke about values he said he had a rough figure of 500 as a bottom line in his mind before asking me to find this out so by time I would need to get it tidied up and painted I think it wouldn't really be cost effective for me to go for it and will wait for another to come up
    Yeah knew that would be a rough figure he would have in mind.

He is dreaming in that condition.
    TRD widebody in need of carbon

Killlerhusky PS3 name Club Member mike33's Avatar
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    I sold my white one to me keron for 100 roughly and it was mint!
    1997 White Toyota supra n/a Manual SOLD

1998 Quicksilver Toyota Supra Auto

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Whifbitz had a silver roof ages ago for 300 ish, worth a message.

But holy Fuge mate! thats some fast and furious business there. Hope you get a roof sorted, may want to look at our European friends for some help, https://jza80.de/phpBB/

Feedback
    14 (100%)
    But did you save Dom from the truck?

Credit to Trick for the joke

Sorry x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast