The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK BPU dyno

shaz2010

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What was the result any more on this.

Sorry mate forgot to update this, didn’t get a reading as I was getting a misfire when going over 1.2 bar. He tuned my BC and told me to change the plugs from copper to iridium. I’ve put some BKR8EIX in her yesterday and took her for a run, no more misfire! I need to take it back to do 3 power runs. Will probs book in on Friday and let you’s know the figures. Funny thing is I used the spark plug facts sticky on here and always gapped bkr7e plugs to 0.7 and he said that the gap shouldn’t be that, more 0.55!

Edited by shaz2010 (see edit history)

I didn't think you were supposed to adjust Iridium plugs

I ran Platinum NGK's in my car at 1.25 bar with no issues

No dunk I didn't, the iridium ones went straight in without adjusting them. I've always used copper one bkr7e and gapped at 0.7.

I ran these in my car as well and had no problems BCPR 7ES

- - - Updated - - -

No dunk I didn't, the iridium ones went straight in without adjusting them. I've always used copper one bkr7e and gapped at 0.7.

:thumbs:

I ran these in my car as well and had no problems BCPR 7ES

- - - Updated - - -

:thumbs:

yes mate I could of had those ones but they had the bkr8eix iridium in stock. To be fair I took it out yesterday and it felt much much better. A lot smother and on 1.4 bar it’s amense now.

Thanks, that’s helpful :)

I can’t remember what my gain settings are, but I’ll need to try some of yours to see how it compares. I have low, high, and scramble; which is time limited.

Not sure I get what the “start” feature is though. Not been in the zone for a while with boost settings as I’ve been happy with them for a few years.

Thanks, that’s helpful :)

I can’t remember what my gain settings are, but I’ll need to try some of yours to see how it compares. I have low, high, and scramble; which is time limited.

Not sure I get what the “start” feature is though. Not been in the zone for a while with boost settings as I’ve been happy with them for a few years.

No problem mate, I’ve no idea on the start setting either not touched it. I’ve got the new greddy oled bc.

Have ik22 denso in had the ngk s before both excellent plugs. Very little difference in 1.2 and 1.4bar imo car feels lot better at 1.2 imo.

I they seem to have done the job :thumbs:, I can definitely feel the difference when on low to high boost settings. 1.2 more tame 1.4 feels a lot more aggressive. If you know what a mean. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Tried your settings, my boost 2 setting at 1.4 was already at 60 gain but boost 1 at 1.2 was down at 20. Changed it to 50 and seems like there’s a difference :thumbs:

Nice one mate, I’m booked in on Friday on the RR so will update a print out of results.

• 6 months later...

Update:

My misfire came back after a couple after changing the plugs back in September last year but the car hasn’t been out since as haven’t had time to fix with work. I did sort it in the end and ordered new coil packs and it did solve it. It now pulls in every gear really nicely! So will be going in for a re run when the spring comes and the salt goes away.

• 2 months later...
That would be good, i'd be very interested to see the results and have a figure before

its corrected at the wheels

My UK auto was 347 WHP on a hub dyno at 1.25 bar, with fmic, de cat, bc, fcd

Doing some very approx maths if my car made 400 hp at the crank then every

0.1 bar of boost was approx 12 hp, or is that bollocks :rolleyes:

That’s pretty much spot on dunk