The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PB Brakes myth busted!! 😁

jazzy69

Hi all,

This will be a short introduction to a very real fact!!

There has been much talk, innuendos, assumptions, disprovals and general here say about PB Brakes over the years - so to clear things up once and for all to all those non believers and sceptics, please go to PB Brakes and Coilovers on FB. There you’ll see my Supra kitted out fully with a 380/356mm drilled/grooved Discs and 8/6 pot Calipers. There is a brief accompanying write up about the brake kit so please feel free to have a read. Living proof in that you shouldn’t always believe the haters and sceptics -

Doers like me take chances and just do it, whilst talkers simply talk about what the doers like me have done!!!

Enjoy 😉

Ps, I will be uploading a video or two to YouTube showing the cars new braking agility and performance. Keep em peeled for the forthcoming updates!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

innuendos??

Braking ability comes down to how much traction you have with the road (i.e tyres) and how the brakes are applied (Bias) its repeat braking ability you need to address.

You could have a 30 pot caliper and a 500mm disc with crap tyres and it wont brake anywhere near as hard as a stock brakes with good tyres.

The more you stick the more energy is put through the brakes.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Hi all,

This will be a short introduction to a very real fact!!

There has been much talk, innuendos, assumptions, disprovals and general here say about PB Brakes over the years - so to clear things up once and for all to all those non believers and sceptics, please go to PB Brakes and Coilovers on FB. There you’ll see my Supra kitted out fully with a 380/356mm drilled/grooved Discs and 8/6 pot Calipers. There is a brief accompanying write up about the brake kit so please feel free to have a read. Living proof in that you shouldn’t always believe the haters and sceptics -

Doers like me take chances and just do it, whilst talkers simply talk about what the doers like me have done!!!

Enjoy

Ps, I will be uploading a video or two to YouTube showing the cars new braking agility and performance. Keep em peeled for the forthcoming updates!!

I am not an expert on psychology, but I know enough to say. You feel very insecure with your purchase and feel the need to justify it to yourself by assuming we called PB brakes rubbish? To me they look like the same brakes as D2, K-Sport etc. Which the stock pads that come with them are indeed RUBBISH!.

These brakes may work very well for you and several others who love to show they have big brakes, but some of us buy big brakes to support the increase in power that we run and to handle the constant abuse of track usage as opposed to showing off. So if you are after looks than sure go for these brakes. If you want brakes that will handle track usage than consider alternatives... or at the very least, upgrade the stock pads.

I personally am not agains't these brakes, but I much prefer functionality over looks.

WOW - that's sparked up a bit!!

Those of you who've been on here long enough would remember the debate about PB Brakes - Some strong opinions out there!?

Anyway -

Nope not a trader or affiliated with PB Brakes in any way shape or form. I originally followed the thread about their brakes and how much 'talkers' had so many negative things to say. Maybe it is down to the type of tyre, size of disc/caliper or whether you track your car or not, but for me it was simply down to braking performance in comparison to the other big brake set ups I've had before on my other Supra's??

....And yes, I do think they look good too but they also have the performance to back up the looks!! :D :D

I don't know anyone who'd want ugly boring looking brakes behind big wheels that don't perform????

Yes of course it'll be down to one's personal preference and obviously through trial/error but seeing as none of you have tried this set up and I have, then how can you blast off negative comments and laugh at it when you haven't done it - that said - each to their own I guess?

I wanted a big brake set up that worked and these do, yes the UK brakes are good once you've upgraded your pads but they're still spongy and fade under constant use. Yes these look a lot like the K2's but they're not K2's, yes Brembo's are great brakes but they are much more expensive and a little spongy too. No matter what brakes you have someone somewhere will always have something negative/positive to say about them - usually the people who go with hearsay or who just like to put their 2p worth in.

I've done this thread so that other Supra owners can have another option of a big brake kit at a great price that has been tried and tested and not just 'talked about' by haters and sceptics. There are many owners out there who want a decent set of brakes, who don't or can't afford to track the crap out of their cars or drive like lunatics on the roads but who simply want a big brake set up that works - these do!!

I'm simply telling it as it is through experience for those who want to try something new but are afraid of doing it because the talkers always talk about what the doers do or might do!! I remember a thread about Rota Alloys and how crap they were supposed to be - funny how so many Jap cars have them these days and how popular they are - they too started with haters and sceptics!!!

I'll leave this one with you guys to debate over but I guess until you've tried it all you can do is talk about it?? :eyebrows::eyebrows:

It's a real shame that not one of you has looked at this in a positive/possible way forward for other Supra owners willing to take a gamble even when I've stated how well the brake kit works??? :(

I'll be selling off lots of parts soon.... UK brakes, UK Diff internals, Blitz Nur Spec Turbo back exhaust, Toucan Display unit, Apexi, Blitz, F Con units etc....(I'm sure there'll be a lot of positive interest now) ;):D:eyebrows:

Edited by jazzy69 (see edit history)

It's a real shame that not one of you has looked at this in a positive/possible way forward for other Supra owners willing to take a gamble even when I've stated how well the brake kit works??? :(

That would be because no matter how you try to sugar coat it, in the cold light of day you are talking boll@cks.

Come back with some real proven data, none of this my “mate said cr@p” and you will get a decent response.