The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU harness plugs for TT Auto RZ model

SupraTRD_MK4

Hello Supra members.

Need advice on what to do? I am missing the ECU connector plugs to the main ECU and throttle control ECU for my vehicle. I had a look on the net and found a site that sells the plugs alone and then the terminals separately.

I recently bought an engine as well but although it was an Aristo non turbo vvti motor, I was given a vvti ECU and ignitor with plugs however the one plug on the ECU is missing. I doubt trying to splice those connector ends to the motor will work as the ECU isnt the same for the motor. Should I try and get a full GTE engine supra harness or buy the plugs and do the wiring myself? I am afraid that if I buy the plugs and pins new, I wont get the plug for the throttle ECU.

I do have the std 2jzgte auto ecu and throttle controller that came with my car.

Does anyone have these plugs lying around spare and willing to sell to me or can experienced members advise me on what route is best?

For now I just want to get the car sorted out and run on the std motor and setup. Not interested on going single or making more than 300-400hp on the car.

The engine I bought was not off an importer but it did come with the complete loom which has 1 or 2 broken plugs as well as the old hard and brittle coil plugs.

I think I must pm you with questions instead. Really appreciate your time and response. I am lucky the owner of the engine did find the original ecu plugs but my guess is he swapped the ecus on the engine sale as he sold a vvti motor a year back. His car's are one n/a auto, and one manual 6spd single with Spitronics I think. I have managed to try and get the plugs to me so when I do have them, then I can plug them into my ECU and dump my std throttle auto GTE ecu or see if agents have the plug in stock and order it for the Throttle ECU.

Hmmm them electrical crimping tools are expensive indeed. I have a set at work and I have a decent one I purchased which works fine but the company one I have has interchangeable heads.