Feedback
    28 (100%)

Jay Leno's Garage- 93 Jspec TT6

Been waiting for this one, enjoy

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    looking forward to watching this one.
    I watch the Jay Leno stuff every week on youtube and find them very good (mostly)
    Will be interesting to get his views on the Supra.....

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Its more about paul walker, not 100% focus on the supra but it got positive chat worth the watch and glad he did one as supras arnt really his thing anyway

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Jesus Christ that was weird; the mannerisms and voice are so much like Paul.

Work... what work? Club Member soulfreak's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Such a nice episode

but that front bumper was a shame

Work... what work? MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    Insta-clicked this one pretty fast, but sadly very little conversation about the car, would have been keen to get Jay's thoughts.

Also I hear a lot of Americans claiming the USDM Supra with its steel turbos was much more powerful, I've always thought both JDM and UK/USDM left the factory with around 325? Would somebody clue me up?

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonga Spar View Post
    Insta-clicked this one pretty fast, but sadly very little conversation about the car, would have been keen to get Jay's thoughts.

Also I hear a lot of Americans claiming the USDM Supra with its steel turbos was much more powerful, I've always thought both JDM and UK/USDM left the factory with around 325? Would somebody clue me up?
    I always thought the uks abd usdms had steel turbos making them faster than the jspec that had ceramics?

Australian of the North Club Member Simon_RD's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonga Spar View Post

Sadly No.. JDM typically was 280.... exports were 320.- You can thank the Japanese auto industry and their gentleman's agreement for that.

The flip side is that the US has the heaviest version, thanx to its fully loaded, Aerotop, 6sp, TT option(US only) and its extra chassis bracing to cope.

This archaic yet amazing site has it all.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Also, I like Jay, but sadly, you just cant take much away from his opinion, nor most American's in their views on cars.
    Its not their fault, its just that they live in their own little "USA IS the world" patriot-bubble, often with such little exposure and education about the car-world beyond their borders.
    its the reason the USA usually gets its own version of everything(Like the supra), because the average US buyer "thinks and wants differently" to the rest of the world.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member mattdavies's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra_knight View Post
    Sadly No.. JDM typically was 280.... exports were 320.- You can thank the Japanese auto industry and their gentleman's agreement for that.
    My understanding is that the quoted figure was 280 under the gentlemen's agreement but real world figures are more, JDMs are about the same stock power as Export cars
    1995 Silver BPU Auto - 1/4 Mile in 12.9secs @ 110mph

Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra_knight View Post

The flip side is that the US has the heaviest version, thanx to its fully loaded, Aerotop, 6sp, TT option(US only) and its extra chassis bracing to cope.

This archaic yet amazing site has it all.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Also, I like Jay, but sadly, you just cant take much away from his opinion, nor most American's in their views on cars.
    Its not their fault, its just that they live in their own little "USA IS the world" patriot-bubble, often with such little exposure and education about the car-world beyond their borders.
    its the reason the USA usually gets its own version of everything(Like the supra), because the average US buyer "thinks and wants differently" to the rest of the world.
    280 on paper only - not in practice.

Work... what work? Club Member soulfreak's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone dynoed bone stock import?

What search button? Events Organiser Marcus GTE's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Finally! About time he had one on. Looking forward to seeing what he thinks. Hope it’s a tastefully done bpu, but prob not. Cheers for the heads up. Just talked me out of changing over disks and pads!

Edit: had no idea it was a paul walker feature. I’ve seen all of these shows and this is the first time that the car isn’t the real subject matter, so not to put down what the interview contained, as some have said, it didn’t get the same attention as a car would normally get, and that’ll be it ticked off now as being on the show.
    Last edited by Marcus GTE; 14-05-18 at 16:06.

Australian of the North Club Member Simon_RD's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    280 on paper only - not in practice.
    Story of the automotive industry

Its "280... ish"

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Nice to see a Supra on the show finally, although more actual talking about the Supra and less about Paul Walker’s extended family would have been preferred. Think they could also have chosen a better example. I couldn't stop looking at the front bumper not lining properly! Also J-spec brakes
    Last edited by jimjam92; 14-05-18 at 18:32.
    Former GTR owner....... Nobody's perfect

96 TT Auto RZ-S

I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfreak View Post
    Has anyone dynoed bone stock import?
    I did. Made around 10 dynoruns all above 300hp through an auto with 30+ degrees celsius in the dyno room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast