The mkiv Supra Owners Club

S reg VVTI RZ-S Tiptronic

BOB B

Hi my Supra is now for sale. It was first registered in Nov 98 and was imported in 2001 and I have owned it since Jan 2014.

The car has done 94,000mls of which 14,250 in KM's, and it will be used (sparingly until it is sold). It has an MOT until Oct 18 and all previous addvisories have been cleared.The car has been serviced on a regular basis either by a garage or enthusist, it was last serviced by me in May 17 (2,500 mls ago).

The car was BPUed in 2008 with the following :-

Walbro 450 fuel pump.

Greedy SLD.

Greedy Profec B spec11 boost controller.

Denso 1k22 spark plugs (2014).

J.P.S.1st and 2nd De-cats(1st decat is heat wrapped).

Blitz SUS air cleaner (May 14).

Chris Wilson SMIC (fitted May 14).

The boost is set to 1.15 Bar and to pass MOT emmisions the first Cat has been put back in.

Engine.

In May 2014 the cam cover gasket/coil pack connectors/top radiator hose/UK scoop/spark plugs/Blitz SUS Air cleaner were all replaced or fitted.

Extensive work was carried out in May 2017 by myself. The engine mounts were replaced with second hand low mileage great condition pre facelift ones. During the stripping of the turbo side I found that the blades on the number 1 turbo were damaged so I sourced again a low mileage (around 60,000) good condition set of turbos which replaced the damaged ones. The aircon was removed ( I didn't use it ) and a Gates fan belt was fitted. The oil/coolant/ brake fluids were also changed using Fuchs Titan / Halfords/Castrol Dot 5.1 respectively with a K&N premium oil filter.

The SMIC was fitted with an HKS hardpipe kit.

TRD strut brace.

Lightweight shiney pulley set.

Fluidyne transmission cooler.

Wifbits carbon cooling plate.

The engine area has a custom Black/Gold fleck paint finnish with polished turbo pipes.

I am having a new OE waterpump and cam belt fitted on the 17th /18th of this month, the present water pump has had a slight squeaking noise for a couple of months now.

Gearbox/Suspension/Brakes.

The gearbox is a A02E with intelligent sport control, auto Tiptronic, I replaced the sump filter and the gasket with OE and 3ltr of motel ATF in May 17.

The diff is a A02A which is a stardard type of diff.

The shocks and springs are D2 Racing Coilovers with no leaks or faults these were fitted in 2010.

The brakes are the larger UK type and the fronts have just been fitted with OE discs and pads ( there was a slight judder when braking especially at speed). The rears are in good condition with new discs and pads in

May 14, all the calliper pins were changed for C.W. S.S. ones.

Wheels/Tyres

The car sits on OE17" with Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's on the rear and have done around 1,500 miles, on the front are Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's and have done around 1,000 miles therefore there is plenty of tread on all tyres.

The exhaust is a Blitz Nur spec R ( the best sounding exhaust) with a removable bung ( to reduce the noise a bit if needed).

Body and Underneath

The body is standard apart from Fibreglass spats and sideskirts and has a UK scoop fitted to the bonnet.The arial was replaced with a forum group buy (stumpy one), the small side and rear windows have priviacy film ( not too dark).

I have just spent a week repainting and undersealing mostly around the wheel arches. The car is going into the air on Tues 22nd May so I can take photos underneath which will be added to this advert. The rear stabilizing bar has just had both droplinks changed for new OE.

Internal

Standard boot, which with the carpet/boot blind/ and spare, are in good condition.

The inside of the car is in excellent condition, the seats, front and back have been recovered with custom leather, this was a group buy from the USA.

The car is fitted with an Alpine CDE-103BT receiver, with an ipod connector in the arm rest. The dash has a bling ring set, and the car is fitted with elec folding mirrors\traction control and snow assistance/ 2 airbags with Tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel.

The personal number plate will be included with the sale of the car.

Good Points

The car generally is in great condition and has had a lot of new and good second hand parts fitted recently. The car looks and drives really well, it is a later model with relatively low mileage, its fitted with Lazerline cat 1 alarm/immobilizer and has 2 keys and fobs.

It comes with full Toyota workshop manuals, and there is a large amount paperwork and information that I have collected over the last 14yrs of owning Supras.

Bad Bits

Both sideskirts have some damage on the lower edges, also near the nearside rear wheel arch there is a paint deep scratch.

Thats about it, if you have any questions please ask, the reason for selling is because we have both now retired to Cornwall and now have other priorities, plus the car is not being used enough, and it should be!!!! I welcome any type of inspection.

The car will come with a full tank of Vpower to get you home.

Please contact me via either PM/email: [email protected] or phone, BT 01566 772927, mob: 07591192193.

Finally what you have all been waiting for the price I am after is sold

Thanks for looking now here are the photos. All the photoes were taken in the last two weeks.

Not you too?

Afraid so ellis, needs must, don't really want to but with retiring and moving house to Cornwall, I now have some different priorities that I need cash for. Like you though I will stay on the forum, and if in the future I can afford it I will always get another.

Thanks for all the positive comments, it is very hard to price cars though, I wanted to do a good advert because that is what I would be looking for if I were buying, I want a good price for it but likewise I don't want to see anyone off.

WoW...

This was my car which I sold to a chap up in Scotland about 12 years ago for about £11K if I remember correctly... back then it only had about 24K genuine miles and almost showroom condition!

And that was a decent price back then :shock:

If it was still 11k it wouldn't last a day on here now:d

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Darren, no, I sold it to a very nice guy from Stoke-on-trent, he will be, hopefully joining the club, he has been after one for a long time now and he seemed very happy with his purchase.

Yes, it wasn't easy, and I already get a down feeling every time a nice sounding car goes passed. If I were to come in to money I would be back in a heartbeat. I'm obviously staying on the forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.