The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hit pothole. Now the slip control off & OD off lights are flashing

PJJ

I was fine with using it as was really but the price of the ebay one (in the world of rapidly disappearing or price increasing parts) for an exact part match was fine and then I can forget of any possibly issues and be back to having a spare one on the shelf again!

Thanks for all the info, I guess I need to now find out which part is right for mine and get searching.

Do you have a link for the seller of the ECU so I could see if he has another please? I assume he turned out to be a good seller, always best to get a recommended seller in case it turned out to be a duff ECU.

ebay name is auto-electro good positive feedback and paid via paypal etc so hopefully covered. Not sure he has another though.

The one I'll take out when it arrives is I think a match for your car (and my other car). I don't particularly like myself for it but it's getting to the point where I'm loathe to loan out/or sell things.

Let me know if you can't locate anything, it would appear new ones are still available but are approx. £1200 + import duty etc.

Ouch that's a fair price don't wanna be forking that sort of cash out for sure.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted mate when i do more checking.

• 8 months later...

Update…… Issue now fixed

OK, so after being let down on a couple of purchases for a new engine ECU and also being told by a few places they didn’t have the ability to fix my ECU, I decided make a 7hour round trip to take the car to Whifbitz to see if they could help.

They tried another ECU and found it was not faulty. After some quick diagnostics they found the culprit to be the throttle position sensor not set correctly and the TRAC sensor loose.

The car had also started to show the MIL and Eng management lights which I was led to believe was also linked to faulty ECU. This actually turned out to be faulty CAM and Crank sensors.

• 2 weeks later...

For reference i also had the slip control blinking.Test with another ecu first.I had to recap trac ecu .Even if you open unit and caps looks good there are two big ones that are mounted directly to the board that are difficult to change and that make it almost impossible to see if they have been leaking.see if they have been changed.(maybe with a different colour or not situated directly on mother board anymore)

Edited by Twin turbo (see edit history)

For reference i also had the slip control blinking.Test with another ecu first.I had to recap trac ecu .Even if you open unit and caps looks good there are two big ones that are mounted directly to the board that are difficult to change and that make it almost impossible to see if they have been leaking.see if they have been changed.(maybe with a different colour or not situated directly on mother board anymore)

Hi,

If you see my previous post I solved the issue and posted what fixed it, but thanks for the heads up.