The mkiv Supra Owners Club

underbody protection whats best

Dave

you got access to a lift mate I did a bit on mine over the last few months but tough on the floor

cant guarantee i can use the lift ,just lucky that day .done most of the floor with brush on [MESSY] want to do the rear section

You can use my indoor 2 post full rise lift if that'd help. Actually, it really would help in this kind of task. To do the job properly you'd need a few days spare and to park yourself up overnight in a local hostelry or rent a cheap Enterprise car to get yourself home each evening.

You'll need lots of sandpaper, sanding discs, wire brushes (all sizes). I use Aquasteel rust converter, dinitrol 3125, Zinc primer and then just over paint with POR or standard acrylic. With a smooth paint you'll be able to see quicker when rust returns that if you apply a thick coating. You'd need to decide how far you want to take it, which bits you want to work around and which you'd take off for better access. Side pods, hockey stocks, road wheels and heat shields are probably a minimum to remove but then you need to think tank guard and the ultimate would be sub frame off but then you are into a bit of a project that could run for weeks rather than days.