The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Sky Insurance review

ShawnPreece

I have just successfully negotiated my insurance with Sky for my white Supra and also my Civic so thought I would share my experience with them: (I have been with Sky quite a few times before but is always nice to give up to date reviews)

As always when looking for car insurance my first port of call is an email to a girl called Rose Miller who works for sky insurance as she is always more than happy to help and goes out of her way to make sure the overall service you receive from Sky and the team is great whether they can be competitive or not and as always she was very helpful this time too (she also loves her cars so understands what we are after).

Rose then put me through to a guy called Luke Tillbrook to go through the finer aspects of the quote. Luke too was very helpful in going through my details to ensure he had everything to work out a good quote and the price he came back with was just over £1500 (I cant remember the exact oddments) for my white Supra which included an agreed valuation which I was wanting on the policy.

I then spoke to a few others to get quotes as I had a ballpark to work off to see if they could do any better (I wanted to go with Sky due to customer service but always got to shop around incase the difference sways the decision) and the best quote I got was from Adrian Flux which worked out at just over £1450 (again I cant remember the exact oddments) but the more appealing side of this offer was a higher agreed value (£70,000) as they said that they dont work out the agreed value from market value but they take into account the additional modifications and go by a figure of what it would cost to replace the vehicle to the same condition/spec.

I then went back to Luke at Sky telling him the exact quote that I got from Adrian Flux to see if he could match it and he came in with a price of £1400 so I took this option and insured through Sky. Im 30 years old, clean license, 9 years no claims bonus, 1 claim in last 5 years, living in Hereford (West Mids), every single modification declared.

After sorting out the white Supra insurance I then asked for a quote on my Civic (07 plate 2.2 turbo diesel) as Luke mentioned he could mirror my no claims bonus which came in at £410 which seemed a little steep for a 9 years no claims policy for the Civic as it was mirrored but is cheaper than starting a fresh new policy on it as my black Supra is using my other policy with 5 years no claims on.

Overall Summary:

Rose Miller (Sky) = Legend as always and ensured I had a good service throughout

Luke Tillbrook (Sky) = Very helpful and a very friendly person to talk to and ask questions throughout

Sky in general = Very good service and happy with the prices I got

Arguably could say that a better price only came after getting alternative quotes but this is 2018 now and we all know by this day in age that you need to get an alternative quote after the first price to go back with for any insurance company.

Seems a hit and miss with people to be honest. My money is of no interest to Sky in the slightest.

I assume this is because we've been unable to quote you in the past? If so, please bear in mind that the reason will be just that - we're unable to quote. Nothing to do with not having an interest in your custom.

Please feel free to drop me a PM when you're due for renewal and I'll happily see if we can help.

Cheers,

Alex