The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked up the new supra. Need a trustworthy garage haha

D1andonlyantman

Hi everyone. Picked up the new supra today. Took another test drive around town, pulls fine, second turbo kicks in nicely as it should. All good. Pay the man and start the journey home... All fine.... Get on the motorway, foot down, Jesus Christ that a big misfire once the 2nd turbo kicks in in the high gears..... remember reading about a fuel cut defender being needed for bpu, and it feels a lot like when my evo was getting fuel cut. Pretty sure that's where we are. I was going to get it a health check anyway but now I'll get them to sort this too. I live in between Stevenage and Cambridge in Herts, anywhere around here know their stuff?

I spoke to the bloke who seemed none the wiser. I asked of he'd had a good thrash in it rather than just around town, which he said he hasn't. But that's neither here nor there. It is what it Is, we need solutions not problems.

Cheers

Yeah, it was fuel cut. I thought it might have had clutch slip too, but watched the Speedo and the revs were just going up and down roughly 500rpm, but it would barely go past 4k. In lower gears around town it was flying when he put his foot down. If i only went half throttle I could build speed fine which further points towards fuel cut. It's only at WOT it won't play ball. Plus the oem gauge was right off the top, as I guess it's calibrated to .8 bar or whatever