The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Locating Calipers for a 93 NA Import

Dodge715

Hey all,

I would of posted this in "parts wanted" but for some reason permissions is blocked for me.

I have a 93 NA MKIV Supra imported from Japan. I've been having issues with my callipers seizing. I've managed to change the 2 fronts but now the rear driver side has gone. I've taken it apart and put it back on but it seems nackered. I don't particularly want a refurbished one from breakers and no garages or even Toyota as a mean dealer can help me track down a new caliper.

Do any of you know who I can contact or where I can find a new Rear Driver side Calliper?

Thanks,

Jake

P.S I'm not a new member but lost my passwords like a right plum.. :(

Thanks for your help guys! For a used calliper I was looking at £110 but the last used one I bought someone had actually bored a hole through it!

Has anyone else had issues with their callipers? So far I've gone through 2 fronts and now the rears are/ have starting to go

Has anyone else had issues with their callipers? So far I've gone through 2 fronts and now the rears are/ have starting to go

The smaller j spec callipers are known for their tendency to seize. The rears are easy to refurb as the piston can be pushed out with a bolt through the hole where the brake line attaches. If they are reassembly all cleaned up and with new seals I don't see why they would seize back up in a short time.

There is only the piston and the 2 sliding pins that move on the rear brakes so as long as these are free moving all should be well.

You can get new pistons from the brake places if the ones you remove are rusty, can even get stainless ones from Chris Wilson (a trader on here) if you won't to rule out reforming of rust.

I think on the J spec rears I'd rather have a stainless piston and tidy the calliper than get a brand new one?

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

I would of posted this in "parts wanted" but for some reason permissions is blocked for me.

I have a 93 NA MKIV Supra imported from Japan. I've been having issues with my callipers seizing. I've managed to change the 2 fronts but now the rear driver side has gone. I've taken it apart and put it back on but it seems nackered. I don't particularly want a refurbished one from breakers and no garages or even Toyota as a mean dealer can help me track down a new caliper.

Do any of you know who I can contact or where I can find a new Rear Driver side Calliper?

Thanks,

Jake

P.S I'm not a new member but lost my passwords like a right plum.. :(

PM me with whatever details you have for the old account.

Username ? Even if it’s just bits

Email address used to set it up

Rough idea of when you set it up ? Even if it’s just a year.

I’ll see what I can find.