The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Killing off Diesels

ellis

don't be suckered in its a double bluff,

government say buy diesel everyone does they loose loads of revenue,then they say buy petrol to boost it as you just don't get the same mpg, next they will say they was wrong again mining and disposing of batteries is far more detrimental to health buy a diesel.

all jokes aside a denigrator engine that's makes the power to run a electric motor is more efficient then forward momentum

Just watching the Geneva Show and Toyota's presentation - and they've just announced that they won't be producing and selling diesels anymore.

Where one leads, others follow.

Good luck selling those 2nd hand diesels soon - scrap value only!

Auris launched - just waiting for the 'MKV BMW thing' to get announced.

Boring presentation though, very boring!

Lexus got rid of diesels a while back so it was only a matter of time before Toyota followed suit !

Lexus got rid of diesels a while back so it was only a matter of time before Toyota followed suit !

Toyotas biggest market (US) couldn't give a monkeys about Diesel, another reason why they pursued Hybrids instead. Euro (Germany + France) were the big diesel believers.

id love to be a fly on the wall in some of the dealerships right now and just listen to the total BS the scumbags are saying to sell the diesels. did I say scumbags oh sorry I meant salesmen

My the other day my neighbours autobox went pop, i asked if here ever serviced it and his reply was - The dealership told me it was sealed for life:D this time he knows his new autobox isnt sealed for life haha

Guest Backers
I had been looking for a new daily town car.All the hype about diesel cars put me right off buying one so this is what I got instead :)

That's a good choice, Formatzero. Congrats on the purchase! Did you have a chance to really test it out yet?

That's a good choice, Formatzero. Congrats on the purchase! Did you have a chance to really test it out yet?

Thanks,only had it about three weeks,bought it for doing school run and kids shopping etc,as a town driving car I love it,if I had the cash would have gone for the new model with the extra range but it does everything I need, and best of all public charging points in Scotland are for now free.So no charge for road tax and no charge for fuel makes it a no brainer:)

Thanks,only had it about three weeks,bought it for doing school run and kids shopping etc,as a town driving car I love it,if I had the cash would have gone for the new model with the extra range but it does everything I need, and best of all public charging points in Scotland are for now free.So no charge for road tax and no charge for fuel makes it a no brainer:)

Don’t forget the reduced service costs as well ! Is it battery lease or owned ?