The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock central locking standard? Central locking install.

Brendo0161

Hi guys,

I just picked up a J-Spec '93 N/A hard top Manual Supra here in Aus about 4 weeks ago. I was looking into getting central locking put into it assuming it was never installed when I noticed that there is a lock/unlock switch above the driver side window switch. I noticed that the switch is electronic and I thought there might be an easy way to install an after market central locking kit. So I did some googling and every post I found was of people talking about their stock systems and their problems.

So I've got two questions:

1. Is central locking standard on my model Supra and the FOB was just lost? If so is there a way to get a new FOB mapped to the stock system.

2. If there isn't an established central locking system indicated by this switch, what systems/solutions would you recommend to implement central locking?

downsize.png

Cheers, Looking forward to joining this community :)

If your car has the remote central locking in it, you will find a black box on top of the carpet under the drivers seat. If it's not there it was either not fitted with it, or someone removed the box and loom following the installation of an aftermarket alarm.

Most alarms that come with remote fobs can be used to facilitate remote central locking. I've not heard of this being an issue on any Supra before.

• 10 months later...

You can occasionally find spare keys of this era on eBay.

The next problem is trying to find a reliable method by which to pair the key to the unit.

I've only ever seen pairing instructions for the UK Spec or US Spec cars that had an alarm + central locking, vs just central locking. The instructions aren't compatible between the two as the central locking only module lacks the push button.

Incidentally, if anyone has a loom for one of these modules and wants to get rid of it, Please PM me.