The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kenwood underseat subwoofer

ben_harmer32

I've to the KSC11 underseat....... under the passenger seat...... so if the size hasn't changed much between models then it should fit.

Very happy with mine, not massive bass that you'd get from a huge box in the boot but improves the sound very well for what they are.......Good luck with the sale

I would love this, but I fear it won't fit under my seats :(

It will mate JUST! I have one under my UK seats and sits with a mm to spare, needed two little brackets to use the oem bolt holes. Only thing I will say is when moving the passenger seat forward you can feel it just catching. but didnt bother me as no one ever sits in the back.

There are some pictures in my build thread to give you an idea.

Buy it, fit under the passenger seat, and make dee's day ;),

It will mate JUST! I have one under my UK seats and sits with a mm to spare, needed two little brackets to use the oem bolt holes. Only thing I will say is when moving the passenger seat forward you can feel it just catching. but didnt bother me as no one ever sits in the back.

There are some pictures in my build thread to give you an idea.

Buy it, fit under the passenger seat, and make dee's day ;),

Can't mate, i have the stock amp under the passenger seat, and i didn't think there was enough room under the driver seat as it's a UK with the heated seats. Will it fit?

Can't mate, i have the stock amp under the passenger seat, and i didn't think there was enough room under the driver seat as it's a UK with the heated seats. Will it fit?

hmm, in that case if you have the stock amp it wont fit under there I shouldn't have thought, unless the stock amp sits towards the front of the seat mounting area? In regards to the drivers seat I couldn't comment as I never tried but when comparing my UK seats to my old jspecs there wasnt much difference under there, and dont think the fact they are heated would make much difference but as they are electric with all the motors under there I reckon you would struggle.

Another option could be up under the dash maybe? or bolted onto the back of the rear bench? Th main appeal of these though is the fact they can fit under the seat so I guess if you have a stock amp this may not be for you. Shame because I would certainly recommend it, for such a small unit they are a nice piece of kit

POST 652 shows how mine if fitted

hmm, in that case if you have the stock amp it wont fit under there I shouldn't have thought, unless the stock amp sits towards the front of the seat mounting area? In regards to the drivers seat I couldn't comment as I never tried but when comparing my UK seats to my old jspecs there wasnt much difference under there, and dont think the fact they are heated would make much difference but as they are electric with all the motors under there I reckon you would struggle.

Another option could be up under the dash maybe? or bolted onto the back of the rear bench? Th main appeal of these though is the fact they can fit under the seat so I guess if you have a stock amp this may not be for you. Shame because I would certainly recommend it, for such a small unit they are a nice piece of kit

POST 652 shows how mine if fitted

Yeah I've been trying for years to find a solution for a bit of extra bass, but still be hidden away, the search goes on :(

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just get Rosie to bang a drum to the beat while we drive along :D

Not sure what I moved forwards under my passenger seat.... maybe the amp?

I took passenger seat out and lifted carpet... moved something (not sure) forward from its position over the box section and that left enough room for the sub to fit....

It’s hidden under carpet and doesn’t make a difference to passenger comfort..

Another option possibly.. in the boot area as you look in on your left. Mine has a cubby in the corner. (Other corner has tool kit) It wouldn’t take too much time to make one of these fit in that area.?

Is absolutely everything needed to fit this included? Did you fit it yourself to yours?

It hasn't got the brackets that fit it to the floor (never bothered me as i was going to velcro it). I bought it second hand and it never came with these. Only additional item i think you'll need is a set of phono leads. I never fitted it to mine.

Fitting instructions here:

http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/411988/kenwood-ksc-sw01.html?page=6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.