The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Agreed value for a V8 conversion?

Delboy52

My insurance renewal is coming for my "lightly" modified Supra with Footman James at £308 with a "drive to work" extra that costs me £40. This is for a classic modified policy with limited mileage of 3000 miles per year, and a market value of £4000. I think this might be a touch low.

Sigh.. I guess it's a bit of a what's it worth. I have no other car like mine to compare it to. (Good!! :D)

The car is a 1993 SZ auto (vin identifier). 123,000km on the odo

Engine swap to a 1998 Lexus 4.0 1UZ VVTi, Lexus ECU, about 60,000 miles at the time of the swap so about another 4000 since.

Gearbox swap for a A340E TT hybrid. Shimmed and standalone Suprastick ECU with paddle shift

Diff upgraded to an A02b

Brakes upgraded to Brembo SRT8

BC racing coilovers

Respray in Renault Flame red (glass out)

Body work changes include wider arches front and rear in OE style, Trial rear with carbon lower section, Ridox side skirts with lower carbon section, bonnet vents in an OE hood.

Custom made Work CR-2P 18" wheels.

Facelift lights all around. Fronts have been stripped an rebuilt by Noz (Clear lens, stainless steel rings, insert respray)

Interior upgraded to facelift leather seats, black carpet, black head lining and visors.

There are plenty more smaller adjustments but that's generally it. I'd like to know what kind of value I should be agreeing this to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222385&d=1505639239

Edited by Delboy52 (see edit history)

Hard car to value imo looks a superb example and well put together.

If you are doing it as an agreed valuation then imagine you had to start over and tally everything up price wise and there is your figure, I dread to think how much looks like you have spent a fair bit. If you can back up the prices with receipts then they will accept it.

But if its just for a normal valuation, considering some of the old dog NA5 speeds going up for 8k+ this has got to be worth 12-14k or more imo the car looks spectacular just very hard to value as its fairly unique compared to most supra's about.

Thanks guys. Gives me a good idea where abouts it is. Yes it was last with Chris having the geo setup, all fuel and brake lines replaced with braided line, and the fuel pressure regulator upgraded. Me and DavidP have spent years going over this car, almost every nut and bolt has been checked and parts replaced if needed or soon to be needed with either OE bits or upgrades. The Vin plate is so different now to what the car actually has now.

Adding the bills up would be a jungle challenge! A lot of trades over many years have been done in forum threads, PM's, car parks, Facebook, WhatsApp etc. Will be like doing a self assement tax return over 8 years :faint:

Agreed value of £15,000 added on another £110 to a total of £420. FJ don't need to see any bills or photos of the car as it hasn't hit their threshold for that. With nil deduct salvage retention so costs me nothing to keep the salvage if some plonker bins the car. Will check a few other insurers to see if this is the best quote so far.

• 1 month later...

I kept spotting red Renaults like some crazed trainspotter :) Got to drive it yesterday in the sunshine for once. Really loving the new look and with the engine noise it reminded me why I am so attentive to this car!

Currently back at the same bodyshop fixing a mystery paint chip on the upper edge of the rear quarter panel beside the tailgate. The location makes it not possible for a chipsaway special.