The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra UK roadtrip- Tea room tours discussion thread

ripped_fear

So me and Luke (attero) have been trying to plan this for a while, so I thought I would see if there is enough interest to make it a forum event.

We tested these routes last year twice and was an epic trip and gained its name "Lads on tour in a tea room". A south UK roadtrip with around 700 miles of epic roads, all small roads with only one junction of a motorway used in the whole first two days of the trip. This hits three of the top 10 driving roads in the country with some nice twistys, towns and picture opportunity inbetween.

The Trip would be as follows

Day 1- Starting out in Winchester heading around the back roads towards Stonehenge, on to Cheddar gorge for lunch while hitting the first "driving road" of the trip. From there to Porlock hill and across Exmor on the second "driving road" with a great picture opportunity at the end, finally heading to Barnstaple for the evening stopping in a hotel with a GARAGE- (The Park Hotel). If we get enough numbers im hoping for exclusive use of this. The hotel is perfectly located for walking into town to a superb burger restaurant and a few drinking locations.

Day 2- Leaving Barnstaple along the coast passing though a few towns along the way, Newquay and St ives to name a couple, before hitting the 3rd "driving road" approaching Lands end for a beer, snack and epic views. Leaving there through Penzance and stopping in Truro for the evening in one of the towns best hotels, The Alverton Hotel a stunning hotel which again makes for a good picture oportunity.

Day 3- Decision on route is still to made but previously we left truro across Dartmoor for LOADS of picture opportunities and some nice senic roads, and on to a pub for lunch. From this we do the 303 back home but was hoping to tie in a vist to the Haynes motor museum which happens to be on route.

Price will need to be clarified once we have an idea on numbers, but at a guess it will be a around £300 approx for a double in both hotels with breakfast, map files for satnavs, and a set of stickers for the Cars.

So I need rough numbers before i approach these hotels on getting some discount so you all know the drill... We are currently thinking some when around August time to space it away from the Sclub party and DB.

1. ripped_fear

2. Attero

Planning has begun guys, provisional dates are August 18-20th Saturday-Monday.

Prices TBC

attachment.php?attachmentid=218949&stc=1&d=1495137593

attachment.php?attachmentid=218940&stc=1&d=1495137413

attachment.php?attachmentid=218942&stc=1&d=1495137413

Truro Hotel-

attachment.php?attachmentid=218945&stc=1&d=1495137593

attachment.php?attachmentid=223124&stc=1&d=1508442863

attachment.php?attachmentid=218947&stc=1&d=1495137593

attachment.php?attachmentid=218952&stc=1&d=1495137633

attachment.php?attachmentid=218951&stc=1&d=1495137633

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guys Keep the interst flowing.

End of August is JAE mate.

Bugger, but unfortunalty there is something big on every month of the summer so it cant be avoided I guess. however no dates are set in stone yet, i was thinking mid august. Will ceck the JAE dates so hopfully we can avoid anything clashing

30th August - 2nd September mate.

Summer is always a bad month to organise anything lol

Thats perfect in that case as it would probably be the weekend before or maybe one before that. As you say summer is a bit of a nightmare, but Im not expecting this to be massive anyway so shouldnt be to much issue hopefully. :) Also dates will be slightly dictated by pricing as its peak season for the hotels.

Last year we did may at the weather was stunning but this year its not do-able unfortunately.

Thats perfect in that case as it would probably be the weekend before or maybe one before that. As you say summer is a bit of a nightmare, but Im not expecting this to be massive anyway so shouldnt be to much issue hopefully. :) Also dates will be slightly dictated by pricing as its peak season for the hotels.

Last year we did may at the weather was stunning but this year its not do-able unfortunately.

The weather was spot on.

I can't state enough how awesome this trip was last year. Was such good fun and loads of great company too along the way! :)

Looking forward to it this year!

• 2 weeks later...