The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice quick win for the forum would be to drive more organic/seo traffic to the site. Should help drive the new generation of people who aren't aware of the forum. My first tip, switch the forum to HTTPS as soon as possible. Currently being insecure will significantly affect SEO performance, primairly due to the username/password fields on insecure pages (site-wide).

Very well said supra_aero[emoji106]

I’m a NA owner, got ridiculed by certain keyboard warrior on here back in 2016, I stopped visiting the forum ever since, I hang out with a few mk4 guys quite frequently and they don’t have many positive comments about certain people on here ( NA basher and keyboard warrior). It’s insane to think that I’m a mk4 Supra owner and being ridiculed on here, because it’s a NA or don’t have enough ponies under the bonnet, not much of encouragement for any newbies who own a NA to hang around on here.

Until a week ago I’ve managed to get ( James ) LittleNum ( through my best mate ) to service my car, brilliant mechanic and very down earth guy[emoji93], and Burna turned up while James was working on my car, it’s the first time we met, and I have to say it on here Burna himself is very genuine and very real. We had a brief conversation both James and Burna swayed my view about this forum, I’m not saying it because he’s a one of the MOD’s on here, to me if a person is a tw*t I wouldn’t bother to entertain them.

I found the 'ignore' option many months back and it's improved my experience on here immensely.

You need to have reasonably thick skin to be active on a forum. Banter and ridicule come with the territory.

The level of disdain and comments seen these days is nothing compared to back in 2006 when I joined.

This forum will always be my go to place. Not interested in Face ache. One day it will probably just be me starting posts and answering my own questions.

Very well said supra_aero

I’m a NA owner, got ridiculed by certain keyboard warrior on here back in 2016, I stopped visiting the forum ever since, I hang out with a few mk4 guys quite frequently and they don’t have many positive comments about certain people on here ( NA basher and keyboard warrior). It’s insane to think that I’m a mk4 Supra owner and being ridiculed on here, because it’s a NA or don’t have enough ponies under the bonnet, not much of encouragement for any newbies who own a NA to hang around on here.

Until a week ago I’ve managed to get ( James ) LittleNum ( through my best mate ) to service my car, brilliant mechanic and very down earth guy, and Burna turned up while James was working on my car, it’s the first time we met, and I have to say it on here Burna himself is very genuine and very real. We had a brief conversation both James and Burna swayed my view about this forum, I’m not saying it because he’s a one of the MOD’s on here, to me if a person is a tw*t I wouldn’t bother to entertain them.

It was great to me you Alex, and really glad to see you back :thumbs: And thanks for the drive of your car, I loved it! :)

I am inclined to agree, but I strongly suspect that if it where to be the case it would likely spell the demise of this forum, which was kind of my point, lots of car and other forums that are not subscription based are really struggling, much like here they are becoming like ghost towns, just the odd tumbleweed rolling through.

same here, I come on now and again but dont really post much

Dont really recognise anyone on here either

• 2 months later...
The forum is dying so are the events.

It is probably due to costs this year.

Everyone is spending less and having to tighten their belts a bit.

It has been noticed across the board for events this year, so I wouldn't say the club and events are dying just yet.

It is probably due to costs this year.

Everyone is spending less and having to tighten their belts a bit.

It has been noticed across the board for events this year, so I wouldn't say the club and events are dying just yet.

Last few yrs its been great this yr has been dead compared to others.

Its either gonna go down hill from here or just a quite patch.

Time will tell, hopefully it picks up.

It’s a great club regardless of the forum aspect. Some great people I’ve had the privilege of meeting the last few years

I imagine I am at the top of that list Jason. You say the nicest things..!!

I can't believe you are all still papping on about this. I was going to make a comeback with the MKV Supra but it would seem that it is being made with the wrong gearbox so I will stick with my Beetles thank you.

H.