The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My R34 GTT

ben_harmer32

So after selling my Fast and Furious replica i have bought myself an R34 :D

R34 GTT with 58k on the clock.

Thought i would start a thread even know this is a Supra site as i don't want to leave! lol

Currently having a load of work done so will keep this updated as it progresses.

Pictures attached are how it looks now. I'm not a fan of the bonnet, front wings or skirts. :blink:

So it is currently having the following carried out:

Engine refresh:

- Water pump

- cam belt

- Aux belts

- spark plugs

- oil and filter change

- N1 oil pump

body work:

- R34 GTT to GTR Z-tune body kit (bumper, wings, skirts, rear bumper, GTR style rear quarters, light pods)

- standard GTT bonnet

- Full underseal

- Full windows out paint job in original colour

Future plans:

Wheels, coilovers and who knows! :D

27144611_10154869468846601_601090918_o.jpg

27144827_10154869468851601_2144156312_o.jpg

27335540_10154869468841601_1900266100_o.jpg

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the new car but it begs the question, are you not going to replicate the R34 from 2 Fast 2 Furious?? :)

However the Z-Tune kit is nice..

Not going to lie! Have thought about it. But searching for discontinued parts is a pain!!!!

Nice! Congratulations, always wanted one especially with the ztune kit. Looking forward to the updates :)

It’s going to be a good project car hopefully.

very nice. How much do these GTT's go for these days?

Seems to vary. Prices are going mad just like Supra!!

Wow that was quick mate :) loving the R34, will keep peeled for updates :)

Found the right car and went for it! See what I create this time :D

They are nice! But slightly out my budget right now lol

Nice buy always liked these , and blimey your not hanging about :)

I’m very impressed with how fast it’s coming along 

V nice. Your middle name Project?

Hahaha! should be :D

and bay is painted :)

Looking good :) looking at your engine refresh I would defiantly add coil packs especially if you plan to go "bpu" I've had a rb25det so has my gf the stock coil packs needed changing its very common defiantly go splitfires nengun do good prices, also I can not recommend highly enough a place called bells auto services in Ropley aka RSP he unlocked the stock ecu years ago and has run 800hp on a stock ecu and yet drives like stock uses all the factory sensors etc no need for wiring harness etc! one of his stage 1 ecu's fitted and run up on the dyno is around £270 removes the fuel cut +more fuel and timing adjustment then if you go more power in the future you pay him to unlock the ecu and keep remapping it.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Was thinking about doing a similar project myself at some point, but how do you replicate the GTR rear wings to a decent standard? (ie, without loads of fibreglass and filler)

Both of ours where bonded +pop riveted on then fibre glassed over and filler never cracked or sunk , the only other way is to buy a set of gtr steel rear quarters slightly easier to find for a r33 but r34gtr ones will be like rocking horse someone in japan did a wide arch just using sheet metal and made it himself but you need skills

In fact scrap that this is defiantly the way forward http://garage-d.com/online-store/interior-exterior/nissan-skyline-r34-gtr-rear-quarter-panels.html

Looking good :) looking at your engine refresh I would defiantly add coil packs especially if you plan to go "bpu" I've had a rb25det so has my gf the stock coil packs needed changing its very common defiantly go splitfires nengun do good prices, also I can not recommend highly enough a place called bells auto services in Ropley aka RSP he unlocked the stock ecu years ago and has run 800hp on a stock ecu and yet drives like stock uses all the factory sensors etc no need for wiring harness etc! one of his stage 1 ecu's fitted and run up on the dyno is around £270 removes the fuel cut +more fuel and timing adjustment then if you go more power in the future you pay him to unlock the ecu and keep remapping it.

Thank you, I’ve already been looking at splitfires. I had an R33 years ago (turn’s out I’m still South East Area rep on the Owners Club! Lol) had to change coilpacks on that. My ECU has a niztune chip in it which has been deactivated. Once I add the extra mods I want I’m going to get it mapped 

Was thinking about doing a similar project myself at some point, but how do you replicate the GTR rear wings to a decent standard? (ie, without loads of fibreglass and filler)

The one’s I have are fiberglass which glue and rivet on and then the body work is smoothed.

Both of ours where bonded +pop riveted on then fibre glassed over and filler never cracked or sunk , the only other way is to buy a set of gtr steel rear quarters slightly easier to find for a r33 but r34gtr ones will be like rocking horse someone in japan did a wide arch just using sheet metal and made it himself but you need skills

In fact scrap that this is defiantly the way forward http://garage-d.com/online-store/interior-exterior/nissan-skyline-r34-gtr-rear-quarter-panels.html

They are lovely but a lot of money!

Get a move on mate, these updates are taking forever :D

Hahahaha! They don’t work weekends. It’s been killing me :D

I'm nothing if not patient!

Best of luck with the project anyway Ben. I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Thank you!

Thank you, I’ve already been looking at splitfires. I had an R33 years ago (turn’s out I’m still South East Area rep on the Owners Club! Lol) had to change coilpacks on that. My ECU has a niztune chip in it which has been deactivated. Once I add the extra mods I want I’m going to get it mapped 

The one’s I have are fiberglass which glue and rivet on and then the body work is smoothed.

They are lovely but a lot of money!

Hahahaha! They don’t work weekends. It’s been killing me :D

Thank you!

No worries you know the score then already having had the same engine , I was on that forum as well when I had mine I can't believe how dead it is now where did everyone go :blink:

• 2 weeks later...