F1 2018 Thread

johnny g

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get Toto Wolff or Merc, in one breath its deliberate or incompetence then its a racing incident

Good drive helped with safety cars to get back to 2nd for Hamilton

Agree, Its an odd one.

I think it was a great drive by Hamilton to get back to second. Believe Merc are still making some interesting strategy calls in regards to not pitting Bottas for new tyres at the safety car.

I have said it before, get rid of blue flags to spice things up. It is racing, earn their crust.

I think it was LH that said it couple of weeks ago, introduce more pit stops, with refuelling to make the cars lighter, even though it is racing it is still a team sport.

Well that was my first visit to a F1 race and yes Hamilton made a good recovery but was lucky with the safety cars, and overtaking the back markers was very easy on a high speed track.What struck me was the difference in performance between the top three teams and the rest,it seemed to show up more in the live situation than on t.v.We were in the Becketts stand and once the top three teams went by it seemed an age before the rest appeared,a great day out though:)

• 2 weeks later...
At one point all types of available tyre were on the track, such a difference in Merc saying it will lightly rain on one corner so New Slicks will be fine and Toro Rosso going full wet ?!

Theres been some really strange tactical decisions made this season, but thats one of the strangest!

Im a Hamilton fan but literally EVERYTHING went in his favour yesterday, even down to the stewards decision

Heh can say more now peeps have watched highlights etc, the messages Lewis was getting before the exiting of the pit entrance, were unbelievable, ininininini, no wait, inin, just carry on, etc wow! Vettel smacking the steering wheel like a child throwing his toys out of the pram made me laugh so much!

Vettel smacking the steering wheel like a child throwing his toys out of the pram made me laugh so much!

You must be in complete stitches when Hamilton does it every week without fail. 'Why me, come on guys, whine whine moan moan' But hey lets give everyone a hug.

The race was in the end, completely marred when Mercedes gave team orders to was was very evident a faster Bottas on freshers tyres, protect the championship (so early in campaign?) or just not wanting an £80m cry baby headache? Or possibly did not want the 2 coming together, I know who my money would have been on to cause the crash.

Same goes for Ferrari before you all think I am completely bashing LH & Mercedes. IMHO we are too early in the championship to be considering team orders.

You must be in complete stitches when Hamilton does it every week without fail. 'Why me, come on guys, whine whine moan moan' But hey lets give everyone a hug.

The race was in the end, completely marred when Mercedes gave team orders to was was very evident a faster Bottas on freshers tyres, protect the championship (so early in campaign?) or just not wanting an £80m cry baby headache? Or possibly did not want the 2 coming together, I know who my money would have been on to cause the crash.

Same goes for Ferrari before you all think I am completely bashing LH & Mercedes. IMHO we are too early in the championship to be considering team orders.

I like the show of emotion from any driver, it shows they care at least. Kimi I am would normally not be a fan of due to his lack of emotion but it is so lacking a find it funny.

I get the Team orders from Mercedes, they need the points and they are guaranteed a 1-2 finish, I am sure if Mercedes pitted Bottas sooner and he was in front then they would of said the same, at the end of the day Hamilton would still be collecting points when Vettle isn't and Mercedes would of got their 1-2.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the show of emotion from any driver, it shows they care at least. Kimi I am would normally not be a fan of due to his lack of emotion but it is so lacking a find it funny.

I get the Team orders from Mercedes, they need the points and they are guaranteed a 1-2 finish, I am sure if Mercedes pitted Bottas sooner and he was in front then they would of said the same, at the end of the day Hamilton would still be collecting points when Vettle isn't and Mercedes would of got their 1-2.

I get that, even though I am not a LH fan in the slightest (I know, who would have guessed), you have to admire his true emotion, once you get past the childish fits.

Kimi's lack of emotion, something close to me, although I am not monotone, is great.