The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2018 Thread

johnny g

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result ,happy to eat my words regarding the pundits,but what is going on with Vettel,another big mistake !!

In my opinion, it's showing that he is only really capable of winning from the front - like he did in the RedBull days.

Don't get me wrong, he's carved through the grid before, but he's generally only won from the front.

I'm betting he'll do another year, maybe two, at Mercedes and then sign for Ferrari. He's made it pretty clear that he'd like to win a chip with them and possibly end his career there. Basically he'll be at Merc until the big changes come into play, can't remember if that's 2 or 3 seasons away yet

I think he will, as he is a self centred, ego driven cockwomble.

Unless he is shown up by others, then he might jump.

They all are it’s the nature of what it takes to be in the pinnacle of Motorsport. The only thing that differentiates them is racing skill and their car, it’s no secret that the level of investment in the top teams dwarfs the rest of the field but new regs will tighten that up. Lewis and Mercedes have done everything right this season where it counts and sometimes I think people forget this is a team sport. It only takes one person to mess up to cost a driver the championship.

I think it speaks volumes when people all over the racing world are praising Lewis for his incredible driving skills and his career achievements. He is a 5 time world champion and it’s not a fluke even if you have some sort of vendetta against him you can’t deny that he is one of if not the best in the business at this point in time. Yes there are other very good drivers on the grid but it takes more than one or two good races to become a world champion.

I personally don't think anyone can judge what these drivers are really like just going off what

you see on the TV or read in the press

Once out the spot light and not either hi on adrenaline because of success or depressed because

of failure you might get to see the real person who i'd imagine could be a lot different

I personally don't think anyone can judge what these drivers are really like just going off what

you see on the TV or read in the press

Once out the spot light and not either hi on adrenaline because of success or depressed because

of failure you might get to see the real person who i'd imagine could be a lot different

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see Mercedes seal another consecutive constructors championship.

In regards to the big race incident, in my opinion it shows that Verstappen still isn't mature enough to be world champion, and Horner is fuelling that immaturity. Why is Horner condoning the altercation and saying " he is lucky to get away with a shove ", I am glad Verstappen has been punished by the FIA for un-sportsmen like conduct. Obviously its easy for Hamilton to say what he did after the race but I also believe he would not of had that altercation.

I don't think a lapped car should get drs, if that's possible to do

100% Ocons fault in my opinion, in hindsight Verstappen could of let him go but that's always easy to say

after the event

Horner as team principal should say no comment more often

Looked like Verstappen's fault to me but it's a tough one. I guess he had the racing line but a racer like him needs to know that the car is there. It's even worse that letting Ocon past would've made no change to his race.

Ocon was catching Verstappen at over half a second a lap, rightfully told his team he was approaching the race leader and asked if he could un-lap himself. He was then given the green light in his ear again, rightfully so. He's fully entitled to do so. You see the speed he comes charging up behind Verstappen on the start/finish straight...clearly the faster car.

Verstappen swept right across the front of Ocon and got hit, nothing Ocon could've done about it. He was holding his racing line and trying to get past the leader without any dramas. Just another dummy spit from Verstappen if you ask me.

VS basically cut straight across Ocon but tbh wtf was Ocon doing sending it down the inside of the race leader??just because he was abit faster in that part of the track as he had fresh tyres, he should have waited, i don`t condone what vs did after the race, very unprofessional but you can imagine how wound up he must have been.

VS basically cut straight across Ocon but tbh wtf was Ocon doing sending it down the inside of the race leader??just because he was abit faster in that part of the track as he had fresh tyres, he should have waited, i don`t condone what vs did after the race, very unprofessional but you can imagine how wound up he must have been.

He seems to be frustrated a lot and I cant help feel that Horner encourages him to feel entitled, hence fuelling this rage. I get the feeling he is the least liked driver in the paddock, He is Horner's golden child much like Vettel was

He seems to be frustrated a lot and I cant help feel that Horner encourages him to feel entitled, hence fuelling this rage. I get the feeling he is the least liked driver in the paddock, He is Horner's golden child much like Vettel was

I agree re: Horner - I think he managed Vettel the same way. And since, Vettel hasn't been the same driver who left RedBull. I don't think he's the Alonso-successor that Ferrari wanted.